Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let fellow members who have an LCP know that there has been a recall of the gun to replace the hammer mechanism, as they have had a few instances where the gun was dropped while loaded and it disharged the round. Here's the link with all the info - Ruger - LCP™ Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here. Plus the free upgrades are always welcomed. As stated on the page they will replace the hammer mechanism as well and upgrades made to the gun since it first came out. So I'm not unhappy at all.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Definately can't complain about free stuff and upgrades this day an age! Waiting on my prepaid package to arrive. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I filled out the on-line form at ruger.com and right when I hit submit my gun store called me to let me know about the recall. I thought that was nice of them!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've made the contact, and mine will be going back as soon as the shipping box arrives.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I think the number of views and no replys on this thread have more to do with the fact that there is already another duplicate thread where the LCP recall is already being discussed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts