Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this on another forum. Ruger has issued a recall on some LCPs. It is for the same reason they had a recall on the SR9.

Ruger Recall Info

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Mine only left the factory 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it is excluded ...

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Strange, same from the SR9 and P345..........

Hey......... "ANY" gun should be be thought that it could "FIRE" if dropped......... heck don't drop your gun.......... that's what I say.......... it's ridiculous that gun manufacturers should have to go to such extremes........... I can understand that "accidents" happen.... and that a gun owner could "accidentally" drop his gun..... well YEAH..... if you drop it, it could "ACCIDENTALLY" fire.....

Sorry....... I'm not with it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I speculated that they'd have to recall the LCP - just figured it was a possibility and (I feel bad about this) Ruger got a bad rep when they had to recall the SR9. I am sure Ruger will fix the issue.

joe

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Mine as well. Well we will get a free mag with finger ext.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dammit. I just got mine two weeks ago. The extra mag and extension will be nice though. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wife's LCP is in line to go back to the factory...looking forward to the mag with the finger extension.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
A recall on the ultimate pocket pistol? Impossible. It's not like it's a piece of crap Kel-tec. I think it's just a way to give everyone a free mag, without admitting they forgot to put it in the box.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine only left the factory 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it is excluded ...
From Ruger's Site
Going forward, new pistols will be marked with the serial number prefix “371” (serial number 371-xxxxx). Pistols with the “371” prefix are not affected.

Check your serial number...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I,m waiting on the picture to see if mine has the "diamond". I got mine back from Ruger (new barrel and extractor) about 2 months ago. Even though the new mag w/ extension would be nice, I am hoping mine doesn't need to go back. I love the gun, but 2 trips back will be a pain.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
A recall on the ultimate pocket pistol? Impossible. It's not like it's a piece of crap Kel-tec. I think it's just a way to give everyone a free mag, without admitting they forgot to put it in the box.
My pocket pistol continues to perform like a champ:

It rides in a Mikah pocket holster and I sometimes forget that I have it on me. To date I have had zero failures to feed, fire, or eject.

Chapie+

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Couldn't afford one of those with all of the other damn projects on my plate. :(

It rides in a Mikah pocket holster and I sometimes forget that I have it on me. To date I have had zero failures to feed, fire, or eject.

Chapie+

·
Registered
375 Posts

Chapie+
Good point, I was considering leaving the 642 at home in favor of an LCP, but until Ruger gets the bugs worked out, I'm sticking with ol faithful.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I remember hearing about this recall a couple of weeks ago. The recall doesn't necessarily bother me but the fact that Ruger absolutely denied any recall when I called kind of upsets me. I love my Rugers but would expect more integrity from the company. I can't believe they didn't know when I heard it on a forum online.:?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well here is my concern.

My LCP falls within the recall serial numbers. However it has performed flawlessly and despite a lot of peoples dislike for the trigger pull I for 1 do not mind it and really enjoy shooting the thing. So here is my dilemma. Do I send it back and have them mess around with something that just seems to work and get a free mag out of it. Or do I do nothing and keep what I got. I guess according to their website the will also perform "other" improvements that they have put out on newer models. This is probably the peening issues that some early models have seen (which mine has but fires fine). I just don't know if I want them to mess with something that is working unless the benefits are better than what I got.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i love how all recalls make it sound like they are doing you a HUGE favor by fixing their mistake. odds are the only time a company issues a recall is when the cost of potential law suits is more then it would cost to replace it.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
Do nothing. If it works for you and yu're happy with its' performance, there's no reason to send it back. I'm sure that not every pistol that is on the recall list is defective. They have no way of knowing exactly which ones are affected, so they do a a wide range perimeter recall to cover themselves and keep people happy. At least they step up to the place unlike some other companies out there.
Well here is my concern.

My LCP falls within the recall serial numbers. However it has performed flawlessly and despite a lot of peoples dislike for the trigger pull I for 1 do not mind it and really enjoy shooting the thing. So here is my dilemma. Do I send it back and have them mess around with something that just seems to work and get a free mag out of it. Or do I do nothing and keep what I got. I guess according to their website the will also perform "other" improvements that they have put out on newer models. This is probably the peening issues that some early models have seen (which mine has but fires fine). I just don't know if I want them to mess with something that is working unless the benefits are better than what I got.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts