Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrapped up a week in Los Angeles. While at the airport this morning several LAX LEO's began appearing in the area where I was waiting. I start identifying the sidearms they are carrying. Guy in the doorway has a Beretta, guy that just walked in front of me has a Smith and Wesson, next officer has a Glo....wait that's an XD! Hmm.... Next one that goes by has an XD too.

Didn't get to talk with them as they were on a mission. About six officers passed me and then here comes a LEO with the dog. The K-9 is sniffing up and down the area. About 10 minutes go by and here they all come back the other way, carrying someone's bag. Busted!

Apparently the guys at the airport get to choose what sidearm they want to use. Looks like at least two very informed and smart officers in the bunch.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
When I asked one of our locals if his gun was an XD (it wasn't) he laughed like I just asked him for his tots. "No fricken' way" he said, as if having an XD was akin to driving a Yugo.

I let it go 'cause I don't f*ck with LEO's but I guess I insulted his $900 sidearm. I think it may have been H&K, but I thought his reaction to my question was wierd. :?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Several local agencies hav put the XD down as one of the suitable side arms for duty carry, Unfortunately with the Agency I work for its Beretta 92D 9mm or nothing. Although the rumor is in that we'll be switching to the Sig DAK .40 eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts