Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the latest "GUNS" magazine at the news-stand. There was an article on the Spinger 9mm 1911 and a little blurb about Rob Latham. Said he could carry whatever he wants but chose an XD9SC. He is in the process of switching over to a compact 9mm 1911, but sounds like he still carries the XD (he uses Winchester Ranger +Ps in BOTH his carry guns). Inccindently, he also uses plain old standard WWB to shoot matches. Focus of the article appeared to be the controllability of the 9mm.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The point that the article was trying to make was not that he's using a Springfield (because he's sponsored by them) but that he chose a 9mm when he could have carried a 40 or 45. I posted this here because he also chose an XD when he could have picked from any of the $1000+ Springfield 1911s in the lineup.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Arnisandyz said:
The point that the article was trying to make was not that he's using a Springfield (because he's sponsored by them) but that he chose a 9mm when he could have carried a 40 or 45. I posted this here because he also chose an XD when he could have picked from any of the $1000+ Springfield 1911s in the lineup.
When you can shoot the wings of 5 flies in 2.5 seconds drawing from surrender position I don't think it would matter if he was carrying a 22. He's still going to put two in your brain pan before you can blink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts