Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 16 ~

(sorry if this has been covered lately, but I could not find recent mention of same)

Just called Barsto re: trigger bar, etc. I had ordered.

It seems their modified trigger bar worked fine but was a bear to manufacture. They are attempting to re-gear towards a trigger and sear that will accomplish the same ... or more. If you know the reputation of Barsto, you know it has to be absolutely top notch or they won't release it.

Hopefully, more word by month's end.

~ E Mont

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but....

Is there anyway you can improve the trigger yourself? I don't mind the weight, its just kind of long and the reset is long as well. I have 2 weeks off of work due to some shoulder surgery and need a project. I am in the process of polisihing my barrell right now.

-Jared

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anybody got any info on a trigger polishing job on the XD, like Glock's $.25 trigger job? I know polishing the trigger of my Glock was easy,cheap and made quite a bit of difference (heck of a lot smoother).

·
Registered
95 Posts
As much as we all like to tinker with our firearms, the trigger is one place I wouldn't go unless I was fully trained.

Rich at Canyon Creek is the guy to take care of your trigger work.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So, when we have something to add to an existing topic, we should just start a new one?

Wonder what that "reply" button is for....

"New topic" means exactly that... a NEW TOPIC. The Bar-sto trigger is not a new topic. It was being very well covered in its own easy-to-find thread. Now there are two Bar-sto trigger threads. Which means any important information is now in two different place. Which means it's more work for people to find the answer to their question. Which means they're more likely to just post a new topic asking their question. Which means we continue adding to the flood of "new" topics which are just Food-Lion repackaged-relabelled spoiled meat. Which means the people who have been here for any reasonable amount of time lose interest in it.

This, in fact, is not even new information, and was covered in the Bar-Sto thread previously.

E. Mont, this is not a flame to you. While you should have probably been able to find the bar-sto thread with a little work, I'm very irked that Fingolfin thinks that this is an acceptable "new topic", and doesn't belong in the previous thread whose topic is... you guessed it... The Bar-Sto trigger.

But then, maybe someone just "lit the fuse on my tampon".

·
Registered
102 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]So, when we have something to add to an existing topic, we should just start a new one?
Sometimes.

Wonder what that "reply" button is for....
It is for replying to existing posts.

"New topic" means exactly that... a NEW TOPIC.
Actually few topics are factually or as a whole "new". Most all have been discussed in some form or another previously. So if one were to refrain from starting new topics that were extensions of existing archived discussion, the forum could very well be what one might call a "ghost town". And we really don't like to visit ghost towns do we?

The Bar-sto trigger is not a new topic.
Neither is posting to tell people to use the search feature. Again.

It was being very well covered in its own easy-to-find thread. Now there are two Bar-sto trigger threads. Which means any important information is now in two different place.
If you follow your own advice, and use the search function, you'll find every single thread about the subject. Yes, BOTH of them.

Which means it's more work for people to find the answer to their question.
Not necessarily. Sifting through 8 pages of the previous post to find an answer could take awhile. If i search and get 2 posts, one old and 8 pages long and another with "update" in the title that is new and one page, which do you think i'm gonna look at first? The original poster might just have saved people a lot of time.

Which means they're more likely to just post a new topic asking their question.
Yay, forum traffic!

Which means we continue adding to the flood of "new" topics which are just Food-Lion repackaged-relabelled spoiled meat. Which means the people who have been here for any reasonable amount of time lose interest in it.
Old and new visitors alike would lose interest a lot quicker if the forum were dead.

This, in fact, is not even new information, and was covered in the Bar-Sto thread previously.
Ouch! Well, he didn't say it was an update for YOU.

But then, maybe someone just "lit the fuse on my tampon".
Here, you can borrow one of mine. I needed to change it anyway.

:wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fellas.

I'll have to admit to being embarrassed by ol' Towel Tops comments (... that were not meant to inflame) ... but I did quit visiting the XD site for quite sometime afterwards.

Then I came back and viewed and it seems that he is just 'that kinda guy'!

[I really had gone to the Barsto multi-page conversation but when I read the first coupla pages and the last coupla pages and they didn't include what I had just heard from Irv ... I thot I'd post. Too busy to read all the details. Sorry. 'Twas probably ill-advised. I apologize to all for the waste of time ... except to Towel Top.]

And "Thank You!" again for your comments. It helps bring me back to the XD community.

~ E Mont

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I read some things about forum etiquitte online.

I think one of the things I read had to do with resurrecting a thread. I heard its bad form to resurrect a thread that has been inactive for about 2 weeks or greater.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts