Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was at the gunshow with some friends (who had a bigger budget than me:cry:) and was determined not to leave empty-handed. Found this NC-Star tactical light for $30. It's only 30 lumens, but enough to really hurt your eyes and temporarily blind a BG with a nice "purple spot." I know, we tested this before I bought it ("Hey try it on me" ZAP! Blinded my buddy and bought it!)

Oh crap! What was that?!?!

Phew... just a water bottle!

The way they designed the lock to mount the light to the gun, it hangs off the end of the rail a bit, but it locks securely, so I'm okay with it. It's no Surefire, but I like it. Can't beat the price!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Some light is better than no light. Good on ya'. Tell us how it holds up over time (I've often wondered about NCstar products in general).

joe

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some light is better than no light. Good on ya'. Tell us how it holds up over time (I've often wondered about NCstar products in general).

joe
Will do. I've been curious myself. I can say so far, if the gun/light rests on the right side it can depress the switch to turn on the light, which will drain the battery quickly (oops:oops:). With batteries at $7.50 a piece, this is no good!

·
Premium Member
23,871 Posts
good deal i like mounted lights , leaves the other hand free, nice DE xd too i still want one of them ,

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good deal i like mounted lights , leaves the other hand free, nice DE xd too i still want one of them ,
thanks. I like it.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Not bad. I dropped some serious coin on my SureFire X200 light last year, but then found a too good a deal to pass up on a Streamlight TLR-2($25), so I guess it kinda evened out.

Good find on it. BTW, is it LED or Incandescent? If its an Incan light, Im wondering if there is any torch upgrade you could do to get better life and more lumens for cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not bad. I dropped some serious coin on my SureFire X200 light last year, but then found a too good a deal to pass up on a Streamlight TLR-2($25), so I guess it kinda evened out.

Good find on it. BTW, is it LED or Incandescent? If its an Incan light, Im wondering if there is any torch upgrade you could do to get better life and more lumens for cheap.
It's LED. When I ran the battery out it was only because I had misplaced the light and it rested with the switch on for a few hours. Otherwise I hardly turn it on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts