Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I can get some help on the Lasermax internal laser for my XD9 9mm. Does any one have pro's/con's on them. How are they to install...i.e. easy to install?? I want to get it but not sure of the quality/warranty or anything.

Can I pls get sum advice? Any will be takin seriously.

Thnx.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have one on my .45 Tactical. Easy to install. Just replace the guide rod and take down lever. Mine works fine. The only problem I ever had was when some oil got on the contacts. I cleaned it off and it was o.k.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for info. Is there any one else out there that has Lasermax on their XD's?? I ordered one! :) Hope all goes well with it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've been looking at getting one too. I'm just worried that it won't lst due to the beating it will take. I guess it's not all that different than being installed elsewhere on the gun. I was also worried about the gun functioning differently due to the aftermarket guide rod and spring but they assurred me it was nearly the same spring weight (around 16lbs)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, but I heard they have a good warranty/cust. relation from ppl who I have spoken to. I NEVER had anyone tell me NOT to buy lasermax. They are pretty well known and have a good reputaion. I will let you know how it goes when mine gets here. My only ? is is it a double spring that came w/my 9mm or single? I guess I will find out soon enough when it gets here.
BTW....the cheapest price I can find for the lasermax was at Nightvision Sales They were 289.00 where everyone else wanted 300-400 + Just thought you might wanna know where you can get them a lil cheaper.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Everyone is worried about them, but I have never heard any complaint really. I loved mine. Have them in a few guns.

Get one!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guy that works up at the local range said they don't sell them anymore because people kept bringing them back broken. I went with the Lasermax rail laser and it's pretty great and it's not as expensive as the internal laser.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, but I heard they have a good warranty/cust. relation from ppl who I have spoken to. I NEVER had anyone tell me NOT to buy lasermax. They are pretty well known and have a good reputaion. I will let you know how it goes when mine gets here. My only ? is is it a double spring that came w/my 9mm or single? I guess I will find out soon enough when it gets here.
BTW....the cheapest price I can find for the lasermax was at Nightvision Sales They were 289.00 where everyone else wanted 300-400 + Just thought you might wanna know where you can get them a lil cheaper.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
yeah im still debating between the lasermax or the crimson trace
i like the idea of the alsermax where it replaces the takedown lever but it doesnt come on with instinctual manners like the crimson trace does
i guess i really gotta see how the ct feels on the grip of my sc
my wife has it on her kel tec but the only thing on the grip of her unit is the pressure switch

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the only thing w/me on the CT is that your hand sumtimes cover the laser. Thats why I went with Lasermax. As far as being instinctual yeah you are right but I think after sum time you will get used to i.e. be second nature.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Yeah the only thing w/me on the CT is that your hand sumtimes cover the laser. Thats why I went with Lasermax. As far as being instinctual yeah you are right but I think after sum time you will get used to i.e. be second nature.
If your hand is covering the laser of the CT, then you aren't holding the gun correctly..:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I have had a Lasermax in my XD45C for about well over a year now and have put several thousand rounds down the tube and have not had a problem with mine. I love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts