Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on this. Ive heard that the laser lens gets coverd with gun powder after a few shots and then becomes blurry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
louie nuklez said:
Any opinions on this. Ive heard that the laser lens gets coverd with gun powder after a few shots and then becomes blurry.
I have a Lasermax unit in my gun. The lens will fog over after a few hundred rounds. You can still see the dot but it will need a cleaning. I have used
my shirt or other available soft cloth to clean it in a pinch. It only takes a few
seconds. (make sure that the gun is unloaded!)

I did notice that the quality of the gun powder does make a huge difference.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
davidk said:
Lasermax products have been shown to unreliable. Several police departments have had their guns lock up because of them I keep away from them for that reason
I have the privilege of knowing several groups of officers / agencies that have used the Lasermax products for many years. I have not heard of any problems with the Lasermax unit from any of them. Lasermax has supplied many VERY large agencies with their products with great success. I have one in my XD and Glock 23.

I have approximately 8K rounds on the G23 laser (which I carry daily also) and have had no issues whatsoever. I purchased the XD for Production Class USPSA and have only about 3500 rounds on that laser. (I obviously don’t use the Laser during matches) I have found the Lasermax product to be excellent!

I have found the laser invaluable in teaching others proper trigger control. While NO laser will replace your iron sights, it is another tool that you can draw upon under the right circumstances.

Lots-O-lead

·
Registered
51 Posts
davidk said:
While I don't doubt your positive experience with the lasermax, as the vast majority are fine, there has been enough reports of gun stopages for me to give them a "not recomended" rating.

All it takes is for one to break at a bad time.
Can you provide a link to these reports? Would like to read what happened.

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1, I'd also like to read that article.

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
davidk said:
While I don't doubt your positive experience with the lasermax, as the vast majority are fine, there has been enough reports of gun stopages for me to give them a "not recomended" rating.

All it takes is for one to break at a bad time.

what gun do you use?

as their has been many reports of

SA, Glock, Sig, HK, Beretta , S&W, Colt, Kimber and many more with FTF FTE

all it takes is one to brake at the wrong time

louie nuklez

you live very close to me if you are in farmington pa let me know you can

try my lasermax out i got one in my xd40 g17 and one in my g20

1 - 11 of 11 Posts