Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously close to placing an order for a Lasermax guide rod laser for my 40 subcompact. I'm a little worried that it will affect the reliability of the gun in terms of cycling. Is there any reason I should worry about this? Part of me says, hey as long as the spring rate and weight are the same as stock, there should be no problems right? Any other concerns you guys can think of?

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I have one on a Glock 27 and don't have an issue with it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I have had one on XD45C for a couple of years now with several thousand rounds down the tube with no problems. I love it.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
For about the same price you can get Crimson laser grips. Just a consideration.
I looked at those on a Kimber. My biggest problem was the way I was gripping the weapon, which was most comfortable, kept blocking the laser. If I need the laser, I don't want that to be a possibility.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
for what they cost they better work perfect. let us know how it works for you

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I don't want to increase the thickness of the gun anymore and I also didn't like the backstrap addition on the CT's. The lasermax sounds like just what I want, I'm just not into modifying the internal components of stuff. Like stuff stock I guess you could say. Thanks again to everyone for their input. I will be ordering one and I will post a review.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts