Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laser Max has updated their Take Down Lever to decrease the sensativity of the on off switch. Bob in customer service was excelent and the new update preforms great!

If you have not seen this laser in action you owe it to your self to check it out if you are looking to increase your level of self-defense. Eye pick up and viability in low-vis situations are excellent!:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Laser Max has updated their Take Down Lever to decrease the sensativity of the on off switch. Bob in customer service was excelent and the new update preforms great!

If you have not seen this laser in action you owe it to your self to check it out if you are looking to increase your level of self-defense. Eye pick up and viability in low-vis situations are excellent!:D
how much was the upgrade?

·
Registered
189 Posts
What about the rest of the rod? This is such a great idea but I have read a overwhelming amount of trouble from these things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have shot numerous boxes through my XD with the Laser installed. I also know that Lasermax fired I believe like 5,000- 10,000 rounds through the hand gun before they would release the upgade for me. Will let you know if I ever have a Jam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LaserMax guide rod sights are extremely accurate over greater distance that any other laser on the market because of their location in relation to the bore.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Do they offer it yet with the Green laser option? I didn't see it on their site.. Just curious if you knew.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not that I am aware of. I initally wanted a green laser. Would more than likely buy a green one still if they came out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe that the technology required to make a green laser takes up more space and at this point might not be able to fit in a guide rod.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just picked up an XD-40 4" and was impressed with the Lasermax sight, but a little hesitant on the price. I know Lasermax lists the sight for $339, and I found one on-line dealer that was selling it for $279.

Looks like most of you like this system, so all I need to find out now is where the best prices are. Any suggestions? If I ever need to use my XD in self-defense, the last thing I want to do is look down the sights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a laser for my XD-M 9mm.

The rail system looks workable, but I really want to only bring on the laser in a momentary mode before the trigger pull ... and don't want a wire down the side to get snagged off. I don't want to flick the laser on and make my position known (or run batteries down prematurely).

I've looked around a bit but haven't seen a cleanly designed product that can do this.

I'm new to the laser game, can anyone help?

Thanks!

M

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone have an inside track as to when a guide rod laser is coming out for the XDm 40? I hope the produce a green one...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a lasermax guide rod for my XD9. This thing is a 300 dollar, flimsy piece of junk. It has plastic parts!!!! The battery cap keeps popping off, ans it is not safe to shoot. Returning mine asap.

·
Registered
210 Posts

The rail system looks workable, but I really want to only bring on the laser in a momentary mode before the trigger pull ... and don't want a wire down the side to get snagged off. I don't want to flick the laser on and make my position known (or run batteries down prematurely).

I've looked around a bit but haven't seen a cleanly designed product that can do this.

Thanks!

M
Have you looked that the Crimson Trace grip alternative?

I just bought a lasermax guide rod for my XD9. This thing is a 300 dollar, flimsy piece of junk. It has plastic parts!!!! The battery cap keeps popping off, ans it is not safe to shoot. Returning mine asap.
Interesting report. I've also read of the LaserMax causing malfunctions in the SC. Personally, for a self defense firearm, I'm not looking to replace any of the inner workings of the firearm that could cause it to malfunction in a time of need. This doesnt seem to be as big of an issue with the longer bore models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called Lasermax yesterday with a few questions. The guy said they have no immediate plans for a guide rod laser for the XD-M. He also said the green lasers take more power than the red lasers and the batteries required to power a green laser aren't small enough to fit in the guide rod.

I've had a Lasermax guide rod laser in my Sig P226 for a few years and it has worked great. I've never had a malfunction with it. I'm not real happy with the battery life though. Probably because I tend to play with it to much. I kind of felt like satriani570 about the plastic cap when I first got my laser. I even ordered a backup plastic cap because I was expecting it to crack. I've put well over 1000 rds through that Sig and the plastic cap has not broken.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

Thanks!

M

I have played with several Crimson Trace grips though I don't own any, and I have to say they would be the 'premier' momentary on style laser solution.

I own an Insight XL2 laser light combo and it has an 'on' and 'momentary on' option. I bought it more to play with at the range, not sure a laser is all that practical on guns that have good sights/sighting planes. If I ever bought a pocket gun, that would be a prime candidate for a laser since they typically have underbuilt sights and narrow sighting planes.

Lasers may seem like a 'faster' sighting option, but in reality pushing that button and locating that red dot during a fast draw is about as easy as just point shooting or using the sights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts