Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed LaserMax to find out if they are planning a system for the XD, this is the response I got.

Hello,

We are in the development stage for an XD sight. Early this year is the expected target for release. I will keep this inquiry on file for updates as they happen!

Doug Warmbrodt
Technical Customer Service
Glock & SIGARMS Armorer
[email protected]

I dont know if any of you are looking to put a lasermax in your XD or not, but I was curious and thought I would share the info...Plus this would be a good item for Scott to have on [/url]http://www.pistol-gear.com[/url]

Dave

·
Registered
725 Posts
ok i called and talked to a doug.
verified that they will be releasing it within a month..
it will be captive spring but will be able to change springs if u like.
poundage also will be close to stock

i also informed him of our site and told him it might be worth his while to check out our site and offer us a group buy discount.. he sounded interested. the regular price will be the 399.. hopefully he can come here offer us a great price..

that is if many of you are interested?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would have been a couple monthes ago... $400 wow...

thats going to be a later purchase for me. Real life expenses and my wedding requires my financial attention for now :) / :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure the website list the glock sights for 399 also, and I can get them for 299 here at a local shop. But I am willing to spend 299 for an internal laser sight, and I just hope we see them before the end of march...I hate waiting!!!!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
For that price, I think I'd buy a second XD before I bought a Lasermax....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmmmm..... $399 - no way, $299 - maybe. Or, you just get yourself an M6 w/ a laser and light for $229 and be done w/ it. So many options.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
For $299, I'd start saving now. For $399... I could get a nice used car for $399. I could buy a shitload of bullets for that. I could even get the SUB XD I have been wanting since I bought my service model!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMHO, it would be nice to have the internal laser, less to deal with when holstering, and just all around its the same gun without any extra attachments. Plus I really dont need the light so much with the 4 cell mag lite I keep in the nightstand.

I shot a friends glock that had a lasermax in it and fell in love, so I guess I gotta fork out the money. (whenever it hits the market that is)

Dave

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
tc300mag1 said:
Maybe i would be intersted but i dont know... bet they wont make it for a SC though ..
The SC is the only reason for one. The other models can take an M6, but us poor SC owners are left without a good laser option.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't understand why someone with a service or tactical XD would want to use a M6 that retails at around $310, if there is a internal laser that would probably retail for around $299.

Am I crazy for thinking that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

In looking at the pics for the lasermax for the glock, the on/off switch looks like it is part of the frame on the glock, was this manufactured from glock like this, or is this something that we will have to have done when this comes out for the xd.

Thanks,

John Wade

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
If I remember correctly, the stock take takedown "lever" on the glock is replaced with their custom piece that when pushed in, activates the laser.

·
Registered
196 Posts
dbrownusarmy said:
I can't understand why someone with a service or tactical XD would want to use a M6 that retails at around $310, if there is a internal laser that would probably retail for around $299.

Ok, lemme try to help you out.....

#1 - The M6 can be had for $229.
#2 - The 'retail' on a Laser Max has been stated to be $399 by Laser Max themselves. We're only GUESSING what the 'street price' MIGHT be should they ever even release one.
#3 - Also The Laser Max doesn't have a light. Sure some of you may have a whopping 14 D-Cell Mag Light that weighs 22lbs. <exagerating of course>- but you have to carry it vs. having it on your pistol.
#4 - You can put the M6 on your other weapons w/ picatinny or tactical rails as well. AR-15, other pistols, etc. In short, it's more versatile.

The Laser Max does have the "cool" factor going for it tho. Looks bad ass but severly limited in my book.

Does that help you comprehend? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blkhawk303 said:
dbrownusarmy said:

Ok, lemme try to help you out.....

#1 - The M6 can be had for $229.
#2 - The 'retail' on a Laser Max has been stated to be $399 by Laser Max themselves. We're only GUESSING what the 'street price' MIGHT be should they ever even release one.
#3 - Also The Laser Max doesn't have a light. Sure some of you may have a whopping 14 D-Cell Mag Light that weighs 22lbs. <exagerating of course>- but you have to carry it vs. having it on your pistol.
#4 - You can put the M6 on your other weapons w/ picatinny or tactical rails as well. AR-15, other pistols, etc. In short, it's more versatile.

The Laser Max does have the "cool" factor going for it tho. Looks bad ass but severly limited in my book.

Does that help you comprehend? :mrgreen:
The light part I can understand, but the price I dont.

True the lasermax's MSRP is 399 for the XD, but that is also the MSRP on the glock model laser, which actually (in my area) sells for 250-279.

I am just really attracted to the internal design. But I will probably break down in the meantime and buy the M6....

Who Knows

Dave

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Cool Factor{s}" aside, LaseMax units are made the way they are so the weapon can be used in as normal a way as possible including fitting in a normal holster & drawing from same.

The number of rounds they run thru their test/developement guns is very impressive. Even when testing a new proprietary spring it is around 3K of ammo.

They have already run thousands of rounds thru a 4" XD and they don't baby these pistols in any way either!

·
Registered
196 Posts
C.H.Luke said:
"Cool Factor{s}" aside, LaseMax units are made the way they are so the weapon can be used in as normal a way as possible including fitting in a normal holster & drawing from same.

The number of rounds they run thru their test/developement guns is very impressive. Even when testing a new proprietary spring it is around 3K of ammo.

They have already run thousands of rounds thru a 4" XD and they don't baby these pistols in any way either!
I'll give you that Chuck. The testing is impressive and so is not having to get another holster or worry about your gun getting BIGGER as a result of slappin' on a light/laser combo. Could be a decision making point if you carry your XD. I carry but I carry a sub which I doubt they'll be making a LaserMax for anytime soon. When and if they release one, it will most likely be for the 4" Service model since that is what SA sells the most of.

So, with that, I think I'll get the LaserMax (if they ever make one) for my 3" Sub (since I already have an XML light) and get an M6 combo for my 4" Service. Voila! Light AND Laser issue taken care of in one shot (no pun intended). Plus, I have night sights on both so even just low light situations will have a little more clarity than without.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
In a self defence situation, will you be able to find the on button, to make this thing useful? And are they going to flicker like the 1911 models?

·
Registered
875 Posts
While having a laser on your gun will not guarantee a hit I have found it to be a wonderful aid in lowlight shooting situations! Since I already dropped $259 on a M6 I don't believe I could justify purchasing a second laser. Of course I have a mount for the M6 on my Mossberg 500 and my Ruger PC9 so another laser wouldn't be such bad thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts