Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LaserLyte QD Laser System came in today. It was delivered more quickly than I expected (two days) from NightVisionSales.com.

Here is a picture of my XD40 with the laser installed -

For more pictures, see this page:
http://www.advancedtubular.com/xd40/xd40qdlaser/xd40_qd_laser.html

- Installation was straight forward. The instructions were very clear.

- Adjusting the laser for elevation and windage is done with a small hex wrench adjustment with two set screws. Adjust the screw on the side to set the windage. Adjust the screw on the bottom to adjust the elevation. These screws move the lense left/right and up/down. There's a lot of adjustment.

- As some of you have already mentioned in other threads, the fit between the frame slide and the laser body is VERY tight. It could be less tight and still not compromise the rigidity. (Maybe XD40s slides are slightly oversize?)

- The end of the laser body does not protrude beyond the muzzle. It's about 1/16" of inch behind it.

- The on/off button is a slide that the support thumb presses to switch the laser on. It has a firm clicking action. When the slide is in the middle position (from left to right or right to left) then the laser is OFF. Press it on either side and the laser will switch ON.

- It is very light weight.

I am very happy with the QD Laser. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old School said:
Very well done. A great shot at a great little product.
Thanks Old School. I really appreciate that.

I figure that I've been on the forum long enough to start contributing something back to it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a reminder: There are two units: Standard and SuperBright. I ordered the SuperBright, so I can't really comment on the Standard model. The SuperBright seems much brighter than the pointers used in seminars (if that helps).

Outside: It is overcast today in Michigan, and I can see the laser about 25 feet away on all surfaces. Any further and it gets lost. However inside of about 20 feet, I can even see the dot on very dark vehicles. (No - I'm not aiming it cars as they pass the office. These are stationary cars - empty :D )

Inside: My office is 60 feet deep, and it is very bright at 55 feet with the lights on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts