Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Review on their Cust. Service for Warranty Repair & Upgrade.

Well I have the QD(Quick Detach) Laser from Laserlyte(aka P & L Industries), and i had some issues with it blinking and going out on me. So low and behold this thing actually has a limited warranty. So i called them and was greeted by very friendly, helpful staff.
I explained my problem and after answering some of her questions about my laser, she gave me a return authorization number.

I also inquired about the possibility of upgrading to the Superbright model if my entire laser unit needed replacing. She informed me that it was do-able and stated to note that on my letter accompanying my piece.

After they recieved my laser, they were able to tell me over the phone what problems existed and after taking my visa number, charged me for the difference in cost of $30 to upgrade to the superbright. They shipped out my new upgraded laser with my original mount along with my old defective one back to me on either the same or next day.

I just recieved it in the mail today, and they also packed in a set of the small allen wrenches for safe measure as well.

Conclusion
I recieved incredibly professional, courteous, and informed service from them and all with an amazingly quick turn-around time. Two thumbs up to them! Oh and my new laser is working flawlessly and wow that SUperbright sure does have a difference from the standard bright model.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Its amazing how just a little good treatment will leave you feeling good about a product/service.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
packing_in_la said:
Its amazing how just a little good treatment will leave you feeling good about a product/service.
that is damn true.... a little bit of customer service goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Do any of you happen to know of a holster that will accept a XD with the laser/light unit mounted on it? I would kind of hate to buy one and then have to put it on and then take it off for holstering.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know of any that specifically are made for the xd and the qd laser, but the qd laser is a smaller unit then some of the weapon mounted lights out there so perhaps you could use a holster that is made for that.

I know that there are also other weapon mounted lights that have lasers integrated into them. holsters should be availabe for those as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Eric,

So the super bright setup is just $89? That's a good price. I noticed on the side of the laser two small allen wrench looking holes. Are those the adjustments to sight the laser to aim higher or lower depending on the distance you sight it for? Thanks for the info. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XD 40 mike said:
Hey Eric,

So the super bright setup is just $89? That's a good price. I noticed on the side of the laser two small allen wrench looking holes. Are those the adjustments to sight the laser to aim higher or lower depending on the distance you sight it for? Thanks for the info. :D
I don't know how much they are going for right now. As for the adjustment of the laser, yea, there are two really small allen head screws to adjust the laser. The screws are really really small so you have to be careful not to strip them.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I found their website over a year ago and have been patiently waiting for them to have one of those QD superbright lasers for the SC 9. Unfortunately from what the lady there told me, that will never happen.

They do have a laser for the SC, but it is not the QD and that is the one I want. I was thinking of the TruGlo laser (I think that's what it is called) that Pistol Gear was selling, but it sticks out to far beyond the barrel for my liking. So, I guess I won't be buying my laser toy.

I'm glad you had good luck with them. I got the impression from speaking with her a number of times, that that would be the case.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
retired said:
I found their website over a year ago and have been patiently waiting for them to have one of those QD superbright lasers for the SC 9. Unfortunately from what the lady there told me, that will never happen.

They do have a laser for the SC, but it is not the QD and that is the one I want. I was thinking of the TruGlo laser (I think that's what it is called) that Pistol Gear was selling, but it sticks out to far beyond the barrel for my liking. So, I guess I won't be buying my laser toy.

I'm glad you had good luck with them. I got the impression from speaking with her a number of times, that that would be the case.
This is kind of a late reply to your comment, but if you really wanted one of the qd lasers for your sc that bad... i think you could get away with buying a standard one and cutting it down to fit. The mount itself appears to be simply a solid block of delrin back of the mounting area. If you were serious about it, perhaps Don could suggest the best method for cutting it, since he works on delrin regularly making those guide rod washers. If i had a sc model i would hold my qd up to it to tell you more definitely, but i would think the dimensions of it all would be doable. Just throwing an idea out there.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
LongRider, thanks for that detailed post. In your last sentence, you referred to the FSN laser, but when I went to the link, it shows the FSL, which is the one you have. I'm guessing the N was a typo for the L.

I spoke with Gina over a month ago about that particular model and even tho it says subcompact, it is not for the XDSC. It is for the H&K and a couple of others, but it is still too big for the XD.

She said she wasn't sure if R&D was working on one for the XDSC, but even if so, it wouldn't be out until probably the summer. :(

I have waited this long, I guess I will wait a little longer. Reading your post and others that have praised their product and service makes me glad I've waited. I know when I finally get one, it will be worth the wait and I won't have to spend over $150 for a good laser.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My rail is only 1 1/8" long, so it is a no go.:(

Look at this new product they just came out with.

http://www.laserlyte.com/ click on bottom right corner.

Gina just told me they are still working on coming out with a laser for the SC and this a stop gap feature. Think i'll wait. Trying to find a holster would be fun and it wouldn't be comfortable I would think with my IWB.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Well, I've shot andyg's compact XD45 awhile back. He is another member here. First I shot a mag of his WWB ammo, then a mag of my Ranger Talon LE 300gr. defensive ammo. Quite a bit of difference in recoil, tho manageable.

I let him try mine and he definitely noted the difference. :lol:. The thing is, if I bought another 45, then I'd have to share the ammo I bought for my SA 1911 with the XD45 and go thru it twice as fast. Plus, the grip on the 45 compact wasn't real comfortable. I know that sounds odd since I carry/shoot a SC, but maybe it's because I'm used to the SC.

Since I'd want to carry it as a ccw, I don't think it would work for me. Plus I bought a MK III for almost $500 about 4 months ago so I need to hold off on guns. I would still like to get a decent spotting scope; not one of those $99 ones at Big 5. I can see the target, but not the bullet holes, so it really doesn't help. A better one costs more $$, so I'm saving up.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
The only issue is you need to put blue locktite on the adjustment screws or it will lose POA. Mine lost POA after about 500 rounds without the locktight. To para phrase "Bill In San Jose" the adjustment screws are about the size of an ant's nuts so it is a pain to get it sighted right took me about 20 minutes or so. Since I added the locktite it has stayed solid as a rock.
Hey, I'm famous, people are quoting me!
Locktite is amazing stuff, I used it with all the screws and bolts on my compound bow.

I've only put about 100 rounds through the XD with the Laserlyte- embarrassed to say I haven't shot my XD since September- duck hunting came up after elk hunting, and that consumes my non-working, non-family time.

The only problem is I have a Blackhawk serpa cqc holster, and the Laserlyte does not fit in it, no how even if I got out a saw and started chopping away.

·
21,866 Posts
thx for the input.. now i know if i ever need/want a laser.. i know who to go to

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you know what size the allen wrenches are? I don't have any for my QD...
From their website...( for the FSL )

Q: What size hex wrench does the adjustment screws use?
A: It takes a .035 hex wrench, if you lose yours or cannot find one please contact customer service at 928-649-3201 and we will send you a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts