Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a XD 4-inch in .45 GAP, and I was wondering what people's opinions were on laser sights for the XD. I'm looking at spending around $150 maximum, but that may change. I'm not lookin for something like the XML 2 that's a combo laser/light. Just lookin for a laser that will fit onto the rail. Also, I was hopin to find a IWC holster that will allow me to carry a 4-inch with the laser still attached. Thanks for your help.

Mike

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would like one just for training. Don't see myself using it any other time though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've never seen a holster that would accommodate any accessory still attached to the gun. Maybe it could be custom made. If there is a holster like this I'd love to know about it.

If you’re willing to spend the money get the Lasermax sight. It is spendy but because it replaces the guide rod and is totally internal you wouldn’t have a problem with holsters.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know that blade-tech sells a holster for an xd+streamlight /insight m6

·
Registered
813 Posts
There are thigh holsters that are generic fit designed for large frame pistols with light/laser. Think Uncle Mike's makes one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as lasers go, I picked up a QD Laserlyte Super Brite laser that fits the rail on the XD perfectly. It cost me $89 from Natchez. I was a little hesitant about buying it at first because it was so cheap but it works great. I was worried about it shifting off point of aim, however it hasn't needed any adjustments after I initially sighted it in ( after ~1000 rds). I have removed it and reinstalled it around 50 times and it's still on target.

The only problem I see with it is, it takes me a second to feel for the switch to turn it on and if your trying to draw quickly for protection your probably quicker and beter off with night sights.

In any event, it's a lot of fun using it. Once it's on you pick up your targets in a blink. If you find a good holster let me know. I still haven't located one so my XD with laser is relegated to range use and home security.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
If you have a TRUGLO Laser Sight on your XD, a Blade-Tech holster with M3 insert works perfectly. The cool thing is, when you draw the gun, the laser switches on because the button hits one of the retention grommets. A pretty cool side affect, I think. No need to fumble for the switch when it is "Go Time". :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts