Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
PLEASE !!! Keep away from the Lasermax internal sights. I have tried two on my XD9SC. First one did not work at all, and felt the recoil by hand was most definately a lower spring rate. Lasermax sent me a new replacement manufatured 12-6-2008 and after install, it jammed the weapon so bad I almost had to have a gunsmith remove it. Took me 2 hours to field strip to remove the thing.

It should be noted that I have carried the Lasermax in both my G26 and G27 without a failure, so installation by user was not the problem. The design does not work good in the XD !! Also, the on/off switch is in the replacement take-down lever. You need to have fingernails to turn it on/off as it is designed to be sub-flush, and my fingers, though even smaller for a man, cannot reach the little button.

Do your research. I feel you will be very disappointed in the Lasermax, and very well could be putting your life in jeopardy when the thing fails to work when you need it the most. PLEASE CHOOSE WISELY !!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have the ctc grip on my 40sc. have had no problems with it. very easy to remove and install, reliable and seems to fit well for me. try to hold a model of gun like yours with the grips before you by. seems there are mixed feelings wich is normal. gun shows are usually a good place to aquire them for a better price.

·
Registered
481 Posts
+1 on the Viridian Green Laser made for the XDs.........I have one on my XDm 40, but fits all my XDs. See their web site video.....it is much brighter than red and is highly visible outdoors/daylight. Easy to slide on/off the rail with built-in locks. No problems holding zero as of yet w/about 200 rounds with it "on". Battery life of 4 hrs-steady and 6 hrs-strobe modes. One CR2 Lithium battery. I paid about $250 for it last Oct. at Cals Sporting Armory web-site.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
248 Posts
+1 on the Viridian Green Laser made for the XDs.........I have one on my XDm 40, but fits all my XDs. See their web site video.....it is much brighter than red and is highly visible outdoors/daylight. Easy to slide on/off the rail with built-in locks. No problems holding zero as of yet w/about 200 rounds with it "on". Battery life of 4 hrs-steady and 6 hrs-strobe modes. One CR2 Lithium battery. I paid about $250 for it last Oct. at Cals Sporting Armory web-site.:mrgreen:
The Insight Mini Lights also use the CR-2 vial style batteries. The CTC uses the 2032 circle style batteries...

·
Registered
305 Posts
(TOP) Streamlight TRL-2G on my 5" Tactical 45 kinda big for EDC..it is my Range/Go to War pistol.
(MIDDLE) Crimson Trace Railmaster Red Laser/Light on my 4" Compact 45..it is my EDC and the Light/laser is 4 years old, carried everyday (when I bought it Crimson Trace had the best warranty).
(BOTTOM) Streamlight TRL-6 Light/Laser on my MOD 2 45 Sub Compact. It is very small and concealable at the expense of battery life, but works great.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts