Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: Spoke to lasermax today was told 4"and5" will be unvaild at some show at the end of the month production early febury avaible by the middle of the month. He didnt know where the activation switch is thought it was like the gl*^k but thats at the take down lever wich wouldnt work with xd.But they have tested one sucessfully and just got five more xd in for testing rough job hunn? Wish I knew where to apply!
Was planning to order knight sights this week but laser would be nice for 80 bucks extra. nuber to laser max 1800laser03 maybe if every one bugs them they'll get the lead out

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That "Some Show" wouldn't happen to be the Shot Show in Vegas, would it?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are about 200 bucks and avliable at most gun shops. Silver Bullet Here in Michigan. has laser max and laser grip on some of those toy display guns they look pretty cool. They also have a web sight http://lasermax.com/ It also pretty cool :D

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Here is another type of laser if you are interested.
laserlytesights.com. Haven't tried them but I probably will be for my XD subcomact 9mm. I don't really need them since I'm now retired, but thought it would be a nice little toy and if the sh** really did hit the fan, a laser dot on someone's chest might change his mind and save a life (mine!). Forgot to mention the one I'm referring to is the QD laser.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
retired said:
Here is another type of laser if you are interested.
laserlytesights.com. Haven't tried them but I probably will be for my XD subcomact 9mm. I don't really need them since I'm now retired, but thought it would be a nice little toy and if the sh** really did hit the fan, a laser dot on someone's chest might change his mind and save a life (mine!). Forgot to mention the one I'm referring to is the QD laser.
I asked them about this about 4 months ago.
hey said it would NOT fit the SC.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the QD laser on my XD40 Service, GREAT little laser and deadly accurate. Only complaint I have is the lack of a holster for it. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke with a rep for Lasermax this past weekend at the Houston gun show. He stated that Lasermax was going to have a press release this upcoming weekend, and did not know when the exact timeframe is for the product to become available. I guess we'll have to wait patiently.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

;)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
BBunin, you are right, I have spoken with them a few times over the last year and they led me to believe it did. I found out last week it didn't, but they were looking into it. I impressed upon her the large number of people that were buying the 9 and 40 subbies and they would have a good market for it and she said she would tell the tech people. Who know what will happen. I have the time (being retired and all that), so I'll wait as I don't fell like paying 2 or 300.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have lasermax post for xd including a pictured sub compact thought i would try to call and see how many we have to purchase to get a group discount I have noticed a couple of threads on this started one myself seem quite a few pople would buy if we can get them cheap myself included I have called sevral times over the last year post results soon

·
Registered
31 Posts
new on this forum but i would definitley get one in a group buy. I want one for 200 not 399 like i see everywhere else here in tucson. wish i still lived in michigan

·
Registered
25 Posts
XD.40 pak'n ac-guy said:
anyone found a good place to get them at $200 for the xd40, 4"? everywhere i look wants $350 with shipping.. the cheap places are on back order..
Hey guys,, this is my first post here,, been lurking for a week or so,,could you clue me in to the 'cheap' places?
Also, who is a good smith for changing XD sights?

thanks,, B.G.

·
Registered
48 Posts
do it yourself,, its easy ,, just get a brass punch and be careful,,, i did mine, and im just an ac guy (liscensed)/ mechanic...its like fixing your car; you could pay alot for a job done half ass, but if ya do it yourself you know its right... or wrong ...lol.. just make sure you file a little off the sight, so it will fit.. it seems that they fit tooo tight.. i put mine on the bench grinder, and took 1/32-1/16 of an inch of of the bottom... to hell with payin somone, unless you are completely clueless... i also installed the extended mag release, with no probs at all.... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe I'll give it a go!! I've had two sets of Meprolights installed at the shop, when I bought my XD9,, and both times the front dot didn't glow,
I'm going with Truglo TFO's now,, I think,, how do you like the circle sights?

It won't really matter ,if I get the LaserMax.... but I've got a Sig 226 on the way,, too....

B.G.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i like them, but like alot of other folks posted, there not for accuracy, just speed.. and my front sight hasnt had a prob. it sounds like the shop you had install them was ignorant to the fact that you must not hit the top of the sight, just the dovetail. so i was told by ameriglo... their service rocks! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just saw it on Shooting USA and they said that it's available for the XD in 4" and 5" models. Its the internal guide rod and the switch is the take down lever, they give you a new one to replace the stock one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts