Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sight in my EOTech 512 but won't be going out to the range for a while. My local gun shop strongly discourages laser bore sighters. What do you guys think. Is it accurate enough to be effective? I'm also curious about these.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i've used the bore sight lasers before. not dead nuts on, but gets you closer than starting without one.

borrow one, and make damn sure you don't shoot that sumbitch out the barrel if you are at the range sighting in.

(i lost mine to a friend sighting in his gun. he left it, but i'm claiming that he shot it downrange.....lol)

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
I didnt have one but i bore sighted in my bushnell holosight (ghetto eotech) without one. Took the upper off the lower, took BCG group out so I can see thru the barrel from the back. Put it on the kitchen counter and aimed across the house ~30 feet or so. Centered an object in the the barrel and compared it to what the holosight was on and adjusted accordingly. I did this with iron sights also.

Took it to the range and holosight was about 6" high and 1-2" to the right at 50 yards so at least it was on paper. Irons were 3" high and like an inch to the left. Got it dead on now. Ive had some bad experiences with shots not landing on paper and having no idea where to adjust because of it.

Im sure the laser boresighter would be a lot better than the ghetto way. Easier to do on an AR of course since you can see directly through the barrel.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought one of those Sight Mark .223 laser bore sighter, used it once, saw my sights were high and went to get my post tool. when i came back about 5 mins later the thing had quit working. I tried new batts, and nothing:confused:, called the company and left 4 different messages in as many days, and still havent heard anything:x. Bottom line i wasted 40+ on it and still havent actually used it. Id say be a little weary on the company you are buying from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts