Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
No opinion but I use the pink rhino 9mm laser for practicing my draw and aim. There are free apps you can access from the Play store, LaserHit being one.Amazon sells a three piece insert that installs in the mag to keep the slide from locking back, it's $7.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you are correct but how many resetting semi autos are there vs non resetting trigger semi autos are there? I for one am not going to buy a resetting trigger semiauto just to buy a laser training device. How many non resetting XDs are there vs hammer XDs? If you have a revolver with the use of a laser trainer you can cock the hammer (that is for those who opted for hammer models) to get a better reaction of fire with the lighter single action hammer pull or if you are fortunate to have a gunsmith reduce the trigger pull to reasonable you will get more bulls eyes. Triggers out of the box are mostly too heavy for shooting consistent bulls eyes. Double action never gives you the same trigger pull as single action. If you want real training for consistent shooting of bulls eyes you have to shoot single action with a good trigger pull (that my friend is absent on double action guns)!
omegamanjohn

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes you are correct but how many resetting semi autos are there vs non resetting trigger semi autos are there? I for one am not going to buy a resetting trigger semiauto just to buy a laser training device. How many non resetting XDs are there vs hammer XDs? If you have a revolver with the use of a laser trainer you can cock the hammer (that is for those who opted for hammer models) to get a better reaction of fire with the lighter single action hammer pull or if you are fortunate to have a gunsmith reduce the trigger pull to reasonable you will get more bulls eyes. Triggers out of the box are mostly too heavy for shooting consistent bulls eyes. Double action never gives you the same trigger pull as single action. If you want real training for consistent shooting of bulls eyes you have to shoot single action with a good trigger pull (that my friend is absent on double action guns)!
omegamanjohn
If your trying to be a better target shooter your right but those of us that practice for self defence it's a little different. Hammer fired semis only have the double action on the first pull after that all trigger pulls are single action as you know. Now with ad training the first shot is most important. Yes with a regular semi auto your going to reset the trigger for follow up shots but so what this is momentary and its still training. Do what works for you. I have both types of guns and my laser trading is just fine. I'm not concerned with bullseys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most gun manufacturers are designing resets triggers on their auto-loading pistols. After the first round is fired the reset trigger allows for a shorter travel and a lighter break helping the user get on target faster and more accurately. This is the direction the market is moving to assist those who CC with DA/SA Hybrids. I for one have little interest in DA and I prefer striker-fire over a hammer. I purchase the pistol many years ago with no consideration of laser training. This is simply a survey of what others are using with regards to laser training that is effective for dry-fire practice, especially in light of current ammo prices.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi,

Any opinions on the Laser Ammo training system? The product allows realistic dry fire drills for pistols with resetting triggers.

I own three G-Sight laser cartridges, their ELMS system. I paid an extra five bucks for the shot timer utility on their training app for my phone. It's a good system. I do have to rack the slide between shots. That's the only down side. I train with laser a LOT, marksmanship and "first shot" speed drills. I'll even try a 10-10-10 drill but it's a bit awkward with the the slide racking. :p

I think all the laser cartridges are fine training aids, and fun for the whole family.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts