Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here looking for sage advice from y'all.

I just got my 4" XD and I've been combing internet and this site and need opinions from the more rotund 45 owners here. With the xtra padding on the side of my waist, is a IWB holster going to work?

Or should I look for IWB rig that fits in the small of my back.

If I've missed this conversation, please re-direct.

Thanks,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, I IWB daily with my crossbreed supertuck and I forget I have my XDm .45 on my hip its so comfy, I'm 6'5 and weigh around 270 so I am on the plump side, but use the search function it works great and there are a lot of options that others know more about than me and there are plenty of threads on the topic

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have purchased a crossbreed supertuck as well and it is amazing . I am 5'9" 210, so I am just a little over where I should be for weight. I wear 38 waist but I'm actually 36 so my cb fits perfect.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
A big "Welcome to the forum" from Northern California!

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Welcome. I have more table muscle than I should, ;) :) and I carry IWB on my strong side with no problem. You just need to buy your pants/shorts with a little bigger waist, and find a holster that you like.

Carry on.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Used used to carry My xdm9 in CBST, now I have a remora "clipless" holster with a reinforced opening that I carry my bodyguard 38 in and it works pretty well so far. You can adjust the can't easily w/o tools and just tighten the belt and you should be good to go. It takes awhile to get used to it but it works out in the end.

·
Registered
638 Posts

I just got my 4" XD and I've been combing internet and this site and need opinions from the more rotund 45 owners here. With the xtra padding on the side of my waist, is a IWB holster going to work?

Thanks,
I'm also a big guy around the middle. I use an IWB from Don Hume.

This one:

H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $30.20 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Works great on my right hip and is half the price of the competition.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Vicridr,

I am of the more temperature resilient frame myself. I have not had good luck with flimsy leather(not picking on leather at all, some are reinforced and very nice) and the hybrids leather on one side and kydex on the other. The holster type that works really well for me is a simple kydex holster, lots of makers out there, everyone from Fobus(which I would stay far away from) G-code, Raven, Blade-tech......the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts

Thanks,
II am a more round fellow. I use a Wilderness SafePacker to carry my guns. It looks like a large Ipad case.

Safepacker Concealed Carry Holster, Concealed Weapon Holster

p=catalog&parent=171&pg=1

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm a big guy myself and you can't go wrong w/ the CBST, its a great holster and ver comfortable. I carried a full size XD45 and now I carry a steel frame 1911 officers. You can position it where ever it's comfortable. Good luck

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I'm big and have never had a problem with the Crossbreed Super Tuck. It's ugly and can be hot, but very comfortable. I wouldn't trust going "commando" (not having a holster). Be awkward if the weapon fell out in public...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18