Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i just noticed that someone had installed that stock set on there. the orginal legion rifles where the Saiga's with the Arsenal converted front ends. that left the buyer with only the aft portion to convert which is pretty easy. and bingo you have a russian built AK!

welcome to the AK club btw :cool: watch out next thing you know you will be filling the safe up with them lol

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I have one. But I took the "russian red" wood off and had some custom wood stuff done...replaced the grip...replaced the slant brake and replaced the recoil spring.

Lancaster does some nice builds..and the lifetime warranty is also nice :D

here it is before I changed some stuff (cellphone pic)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've got a Lancaster AKM that I love. Built on an Armory receiver with a mint Romy G kit. She's accurate, gorgeous and gunkoted so she will never ever have any problems. I've got pics in the For Sale section.

I originally thought to sell her to finance an "ultimate zombie gun", but now I'm thinking of taking her down. Dunno. She's wonderful.

Lancaster makes a good rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I can't comment on those particular mags.

However, don't assume that "bigger is better" when it comes to mags. That may be true if you're in combat, but for typical range use the higher-capacity mags are larger (obviously) and heavier -- especially when fully loaded.

A lot of people like to use the 20-round mags, as a good compromise between size/weight and capacity. Plus, they hold exactly one box of typical ammo which can be convenient.

One of my favorite mags to use at the range is my 5-round mag, with the follower replaced so it will hold 10 rounds. It's nice and short, and is much easier to shoot with, especially if you're resting the rifle on a bench.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't comment on those particular mags.

However, don't assume that "bigger is better" when it comes to mags. That may be true if you're in combat, but for typical range use the higher-capacity mags are larger (obviously) and heavier -- especially when fully loaded.

A lot of people like to use the 20-round mags, as a good compromise between size/weight and capacity. Plus, they hold exactly one box of typical ammo which can be convenient.

One of my favorite mags to use at the range is my 5-round mag, with the follower replaced so it will hold 10 rounds. It's nice and short, and is much easier to shoot with, especially if you're resting the rifle on a bench.
Yeah, I feel the same way... I think I might go 30 rounders... Just did not know if those 40's were a gimmick of what he was saying or if they were of still good quality.. Might get a variety of stuff.

If anybody has a lead on these mags let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts