Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
214DFF8D-8B4C-46DE-8027-340D42936ABE.jpeg
Hello, everyone. Just picked up my Hellcat (finally!) this afternoon and put 100 rounds through it. A lot more felt recoil than I had anticipated, but it is a pretty light gun. I was using 147 grain ammo, though. I suppose that would make the difference with a smaller pistol, as opposed maybe a 115 grain. Anyway, my EDC before this one was a Taurus G2C, which I replaced the guide rod in with a Lakeline (all stainless) recoil assembly. The retainer on the muzzle end of the factory recoil assembly is plastic, so the Lakeline assembly is FAR superior. Not that it hit particularly hard to begin with, but it did seem to dampen the recoil a bit. I had both pistols field stripped to clean when I got home, and noticed that the Lakeline recoil assembly fits perfectly in the Hellcat (same length), despite the two captive springs themselves being different lengths. Once installed, there was no real noticeable difference in the tension of the slide, either. Now that I’ve yammered on unnecessarily for all this time, I guess my question is, has anyone modifed their hellcat with a different captive recoil assembly, or more specifically, used a Lakeline guide rod in theirs? I certainly wouldn’t fire it without knowing for sure what would happen, but I’m also curious if anyone has already tinkered with this and what the result was. I’d also like to know if anyone has installed an aftermarket trigger in their Hellcat, and what you thought about that. I only spent $30 on a replacement trigger for my G2C, and it was a VAST improvement to the factory one. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts