Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me and my location as well as an apparent poor Googling skills, or is .45GAP "plinking" ammo just super hard to find? I know I can grab 230gr JHP from just about anyone these days, but it seems like the low-end range ammo is just about extinct.

I'm just whining.........'cuz I can :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
According to gun shop in Houston, TX, 45GAP is hard to come by and when it is available it is expensive!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
retired said:
I think it's your location; the only true Pasadena is in California, where that little old lady lives. :D
Nah, there a well known one in Texas as well!

As for DougXD, you're from MD. I thought ammo was illegal in MD :D

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
You guys please listen to me you local dealers are lieing to you 45 gap ammo is not hard to come by...the distributers have thousands of rounds in stock and ready to ship. You local dealers dont want to get it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would not buy a .45GAP as .45ACP is so much cheaper and more abundant. i dont think the GAP will last and go the way of the 41AE but thats just my opinion. i would buy two more XD's today if they came in .45acp. the reason that they went with the gap is beyond me. i love my XD's and want on in .45acp

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snake-eater 1 said:
retired said:
I think it's your location; the only true Pasadena is in California, where that little old lady lives. :D
Nah, there a well known one in Texas as well!

As for DougXD, you're from MD. I thought ammo was illegal in MD :D

Lemme tell ya......sometimes I *feel* that like everything in MD is illegal, everything. This place is siphoning the life outta me. I want to move to VA anyway, but it'll take some time, and money. I'm not a native of MD, I'm actually a native of Corpus Christi, TX. Went to school at Calallen HS, grad-gee-ated in 1990 and immediately enlisted in the Navy and spent the following 9 years overseas. Came back to a little government agency here in central MD, got pissed with the stateside military redtape, decided to get out, and "go contracting" to the DoD..............lucky me, I land a "permanent residence" in this hell hole they call Maryland...........I hate this friggin' state.

Sorry for the rant :roll:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jorday said:
im daydreaming of a .45 ACP tactical OD green
ill take one in green in the tactical and the service. if they made one i would buy another one today

·
Registered
270 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
You guys please listen to me you local dealers are lieing to you 45 gap ammo is not hard to come by...the distributers have thousands of rounds in stock and ready to ship. You local dealers dont want to get it.
and this is because........???????????

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Also the number one rule for a local dealer is make them buy what you have in stock.

They have money tied in on the stock at hand.

I would try to help you guys get the ammo but for me to get you the ammo it has to be shipped twice and for a case of 45gap ammo that 20 bucks a case to get it to me then 20 more to get it to you. They only thing I can say is go to the local dealer and pay for the case up front and pay for the shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Another option is reloading your own, especially if you are going to be mostly shooting range type ammo. For PD type ammo, when you find a source buy a case of it like James suggested.

You can also buy direct from Corbon. Not cheap, but available! http://www.corbon.com

·
Registered
256 Posts
kgpcr said:
I would not buy a .45GAP as .45ACP is so much cheaper and more abundant. i dont think the GAP will last and go the way of the 41AE but thats just my opinion. i would buy two more XD's today if they came in .45acp. the reason that they went with the gap is beyond me. i love my XD's and want on in .45acp
You must not understand what a 45 GAP is. The reason they went to it was that no change was needed in the gun's frame. That makes the cost of adding the 45 caliber to the XD line low. I shoot the 45 GAP and reload it, I don't find the cost to be very high.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
backstay said:
Plus the grip would be bigger. It would be a 1911. Just buy one of them if that's what you want.
What people are looking for is the "glory" of the XD in .45 ACP.
Kind of like a 1970's big bore V-8 engine in today's family mini van. :eek:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think some dealers are looking down on the Gap round. I went looking for a snap cap the other day and one dealer gave me a downright evil look when I said in .45 GAP. I recognize the traditionalist perspective, but if I'm looking to give you money and all...

Anyway, I get my rounds from cheaperthandirt.com or the reloading bench.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts