Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a XD9 SC to use when I get my CCW permit. I'm 6'2" and 245. I wear khaki pants and golf shirt or dress shirt daily. I'm looking for something very comfortable to carry it concealed in. The Kramer Confidant looks like it's not tight enough fitting to work well. The Under Cover shirt is like they Body Armour shirts but with a built in holster to carry under the arm. Was just curious if any of you guys had any experience with either of these.

Scott

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Consider a pocket holster if you're wearing khaki's...or an ankle rig. Anything too "deep" is gonna take too long to get to if the need arises. I'm about the same size...you shouldn't have trouble finding pants with big enough pockets to work out a good pocket rig.

Don't pocket it without the holster--you need the trigger guard protection. A good pocket holster will catch itself on your pocket as you're drawing, letting you draw only the gun.

As to the ones you mentioned, I've never heard of 'em so I can't say. Oh yeah, welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have a Kramer and it's great, have had it about a year. Sometimes it is the only option I have to carry concealed because of the way I dress for work. With it tucked in your pants it is tight and will not slip. It's the same material that some football jerseys are made of. It's cool and the material doesn't stretch. If you dress business casual and have to keep your shirt tucked in, it's a good option. It will accomodate a small frame revolver or small semi-auto up to a 1911. Carrying my XD SC in an ankle holster just won't work. I can unbutton my shirt and draw from the Kramer less conspicuously than I can having to stoop or pull my leg up to draw from an ankle holster. Is it the only solution? No. But it is another option and it works well for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom. That's what I was looking for. I can't use a pocket holster nor an ankle. I'm business casual 7 days a week pretty much. You're in Nashville? Just up I-65 in Bowling Green here.

Check out this and lemme know what you think.

http://alssam.com/uc3xhhosy.html

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had the Kramer confidant for over a yr now. I use it when my IWB hoslter isn't an option. It is comfortable and and carries my XD9SC very nicely, along with a spare mag on the other side. as for quick access, it isn't advertised for that, but i can retrieve my weapon quick enough if i have to, even if i sacrifice some buttons on my shirt to do so. I would recommend a silicon dry lube and protectant for your weapon if you use either of the shirt holster options, as well as a daily wipedown, since sweat will almost always have contact with your weapon. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Silentknight said:
nickc50310 said:
mermaid chaser your sig icon may well get me fired. thank you.
+1
Thats why I use my own dialup account and personal laptop here at work :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered two of the Under Armour style compression shirts from www.masterofconcealment.com today. 2 of them for $150 shipped to my door. I hope they work or I'm gonna be sad, lol. From what I've read about the Kramer Confidant though I don't see how I can go wrong. Accomplishes the same thing but with a tighter fit which should equal more security for the pistol. I'll post a review when I receive them and have had a chance to try them out a few days.

Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stick to one topic and I don't care if you get fired, that's what the computer at home is for.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the krammer confident shirt and I find it next to useless unless you carry a very small light gun in it . It is not cool to wear but very hot. I have tried different guns in it and it always pulls away from the body. The smartcarry system works a lot better for both concealability and confort. I had to modify the shirt to get it to work just a little bit better. I sure can't put my XD40SC in it or any gun the same size and get it to work.

steve

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't have a problem putting my XD-9SC, XD-40 Service, or 1911 in the Kramer. Granted they are not easy to get holstered but I'm not using them in competition where reholstering is necessary. Don't get one that is too big, if you do it will be loose and the gun will flop around. The correct size should fit snug. Here's pics of the XD-40 and 1911 in the holster of the shirt.

XD-40

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received both of my Under Armour holster shirts in the mail yesterday. I'll post some pics later. I'm a fairly big guy, 6'2" 245lbs. I ordered the XXL size. Surprisingly they are Under Armour brand shirts with the holster apparatus sewed under each armpit. The shirts fit very tight and are VERY comfortable. Like another layer of skin. My XD9 SC conceals nicely under my left arm. Only time it prints is if I move my arms out in front so that my overshirt stretches tight across my back. For $75 a pop they are too expensive but I think they are great for deep concealment. I've got 2 and shoulda only got one so I'm gonna offer one of them up for trade for a decent IWB holster to fit my XD9.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts