Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot....this weekend Oct 5th thru the 7th.

If you ain't never been, now is the time to do it.

Only happens twice a year and when it does, what a blast..bang or whatever you want to call it. The night shoot is fantastic with all the firepower. Those tracers sure light up the night skies, your inards thump, and your feet pickup the vibrations from the ground due to the blasts.

The only way to experience it is to go. You owe it to yourself at least once in a lifetime. Me, I a fortunate enough to live only 80 miles away. So away I go on Friday to blast away blast away all. Eat your heart out. I am kinda' looking at one of those .50 cals. They have caught my eye and after talking to John of the 50 Caliber Shooting Association weekend before last at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Cinn, Ohio, I am pretty eager. Hell, those CDs are not making any money in the bank, may as well invest it in something and enjoy it as the value goes up.

See you there. Stop me and talk to me. You can not miss me, I will be the one dressed in camo.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here I am tooting the same horn again on this thread, but how else can those who did not have an opportunity to attend, get to know what they missed.

Great show! The weather was fine until the weather forecaster said "some mild and intermit showers". Geez...sometime in the afternoon the sky dropped tons of water on us for hours, sure nuf', about three inches worth over a two hour period. Did not seem to dampen the spirits much however. The shooting went on, the shoppers/lookers/qawkers went right on with their business. Although the price of the surplus GI $5 plastic camo paunchos went to $10 when it started the down pour. I waited it out and finally lugged a couple of cases of Hirtenberger .308 back to my vehicle. Good price also.

As I said in an earlier post, I kinda got the .50 cal fever. Well.....that fever broke when I rented a .50 cal and launched 10 rounds down range. Strickly a sport for the stronger and tougher body of the younger person and not for the older person who is young at heart. Thus, my affair with the .50 cal has ended. I will just have to live on memories alone when it comes to the .50 cal.

Lots of venders, lots of people rubbing backpacks due to narrow isles but all were very couteous and patient.

I surely wish that all could experience this kind of thunder down on the range at Knob Creek. Maybe someday. Happy shooting to all until April 2002 when the Creek will come alive again.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts