Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a maxpedition Fatboy Versipack for christmas and want to get a good knife to keep in it. I'm thinking tactical style (whatever that means) folder (I know folders aren't really "tactical" blades) but would consider a fixed blade with a sheath. I don't know anything about non-kitchen knives but want to start learning and collecting some. I'd probably like to keep the prices modest (<$60) for now but wouldn't mind hearing about the more expensive blades, if nothing else just to get some exposure. Quality is most important to me, so if I can't get a blade at a modest price then I'd be willing to pay more.

I'd also like to find some good online resources for researching this topic so if you know of some please let me know.

Thanks in advanced for the info.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I have been looking at the SOG Aegis. It's a little more than $60.00 but SOG makes a very good knife.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Give this one a look. I got one last year for christmas and LOVE IT! I juse it all the time and there are many uses for this knife.
Wilson Tactical - Detail

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I have SOG, CRKT, Kershaw, Buck and some junk no names. The name brands are all good that I have seen. Mostly are folders but some buck fixed blade. I am waiting on a spyderco delica...just have to order it.

I guess I would look at a SOG or even a KA-BAR fixed blade.

Where would to store a fixed blade? Internal somewhere? In the CCW pouch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts