Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
15,912 Posts
I don't see it as a big deal. I mean sure it sounds wrong... I'm more puzzled by what it's supposed to solve... Do they think police won't be so heavy handed? I don't get what the benefit is...

Still... If someone shoots at or tries to run over they are charged with attempted murder. I someone tries to beat the crap out of a LEO, that is assault, not resisting. Bottom line is, I've had a few "events"... the reason I comply with instructions is cause I don't want my arse beat. Could care less about charges, I don't want a baton to the head or tazed in the nuts. That's why I comply... So it's not like it's open season... DA just said no resisting charges, didn't say cops can't use physical force. It doesn't really change much.

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
I think drunks aught to be permitted to kick people in the nuts regardless of motivation.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Another idiotic liberal way of thinking. Low life will think they are justified to disobey orders, assault officers, etc. Like LEO don’t put enough on the line already...

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Another idiotic liberal way of thinking. Low life will think they are justified to disobey orders, assault officers, etc. Like LEO don’t put enough on the line already...
This.

Hell just do away with SPD and problem is solved.

The idiots are running the asylum in these places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Seattle, yet another liberal bastion.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
What's the message you're sending to the cops about how much they matter?

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
If I were a LEO and you assault and or resist me or other LEOs. I would give them the greatest ride in a police car, ever. They would be shown how well the car handles doing a slalom course and how well the brakes work while sitting on Armor All protected seats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read of a city/county doing in some time.. and the one that validates it...wow..

·
15,912 Posts
That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read of a city/county doing in some time.. and the one that validates it...wow..
Did you even read it? So let me get this straight... What both stories specifically state is.... Resisting arrest won't be charged as assault when it is merely resisting. Actual assault will be charged as assault when it is a clear assault...
367 felony assault charges filed... But in the one case the professional crap stirrer cites... The mental lady was indeed charged with resisting arrest... Just not assault. The big crap storm the professional crap stirrer is bent about is the mental lady was charged with resisting but he thinks it's should be assault...

So to recap... Those that resist are charged with resisting.

Those that assault are charged with assault.

Nothing has actually changed.

But we are all supposed to just mindlessly chime in and agree with group outrage over a blog post.... Does that cover it?

·
15,912 Posts
This is the stupidity of the interwebs... No standards, rules or laws were changed. They merely referenced the charging guidelines to explain why in one particular case why a drunk suicidal woman strapped to a gurney that kicked a cop was CHARGED WITH RESISTING, and not charged with assault.

ZERO decisions or rules were changed to NOT charge people with crimes they commit... They DO charge the actual crime... Resisting is resisting, and assault is assault.... Oh the outrage... FFS people.

Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
The cop (s) said it wasn't just flailing, and was instead an intentional attack.

·
15,912 Posts
The cop (s) said it wasn't just flailing, and was instead an intentional attack.
OK... And the headline says "Kings County won't charge criminals assaulting cops while resisting" which is just a flat out lie... Made up BS... You know... Fake news.

So at this point we are arguing some case where a suicidal drunk woman strapped to a gurney was CHARGED with resisting but not assault.... Oh the drama... Was she flailing, was she resisting gurney, or was she trying to murder the cop... None of us have a clue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did you even read it? So let me get this straight... What both stories specifically state is.... Resisting arrest won't be charged as assault when it is merely resisting. Actual assault will be charged as assault when it is a clear assault...
367 felony assault charges filed... But in the one case the professional crap stirrer cites... The mental lady was indeed charged with resisting arrest... Just not assault. The big crap storm the professional crap stirrer is bent about is the mental lady was charged with resisting but he thinks it's should be assault...

So to recap... Those that resist are charged with resisting.

Those that assault are charged with assault.

Nothing has actually changed.

But we are all supposed to just mindlessly chime in and agree with group outrage over a blog post.... Does that cover it?
If I misinterpreted your response, my apologies.

What I see it doing is that it will embolden criminals. What once was simple resisting, will ratchet up and cause unneeded escalation. As one with several LEO's in the family I don't like the signal it send, but that's just my opinion.

Oh yes, I did read it, I don't agree.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts