Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'll wait until I see some reviews, though:

Compact Commander Model

4.25" barrel with (gasp!) an actual barrel bushing, on an officer's frame. Would make for a (relatively) cheap, fun gun for me to turn into an expensive sow's ear. :D

Looks like they have slim grip panels on there. Don't dig the extended slide release. Frontstrap looks to be the more aesthetically-pleasing rounded version. They have them in chrome, two tone (lower blued, upper chrome) and blued finishes. I'll be going with blued. Bud's has that one for right on $560 shipped.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
What are they going to be going for?

And I hate the look of that hammer spur.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do I, but that would be getting removed pretty quick for a quality unit and a tool steel sear. I updated the first post with more info, but the blued version is going for $560 shipped right now from Bud's.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Most people realize that the .45 acp round is so devastating that all you need to do is get it close to the intended target to put it down.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I love CCO's. They're my favorite size 1911. The billboard and hammer don't do it for me on that one though.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, billboards suck, but this is more for my practice with a file and other 1911 jigs/tools. :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I love CCO's. They're my favorite size 1911. The billboard and hammer don't do it for me on that one though.
My exact thoughts! Hammer looks like crap, and that billboard is an eyesore. Other than that, I'd consider a blued/Chrome.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Do yourself a favor GT get a Ruger CMD!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I tried to ease him that direction. He wouldn't have any of it.
Well there's a saying about leading em to water:lol:. We cant all see the light I guess. :p

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If Ruger would produce a CCO-style, I'd be all over it.

They do not, so I have zero interest. That's what this is about: a CCO-sized 1911. ;)

So, tell me again about seeing the light when you're as blind as Stevie Wonder? :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts