Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Wow. USFA definitely makes nice firearms...

I guess the price is fair--it holds twice as many shots as the Ruger, and is twice as expensive...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
But they really need to take the lie out of their web page.

USFA makes history with the largest capacity ever achieved in the “Old Six-Shooter.” The New Model 12/22™ beats the magazine capacity of any .22 Auto Pistol ever offered.
They say that their revolver beats the capacity of any semi auto .22 LR pistol ever offered.

S+W 41's used to have a 12 round capacity so it is equal to their revolver.

Ramline made a .22 LR pistol in the 80's with a 20 round magazine.

Ruger makes the Charger, a 10-22 based .22 LR pistol that can accept 30 and 50 round magazines.

And since they don't specify LR or Magnum, Grendel made the P30 .22 magnum with a 30 round magazine.

·
Registered
260 Posts

They say that their revolver beats the capacity of any semi auto .22 LR pistol ever offered.

Ruger makes the Charger, a 10-22 based .22 LR pistol that can accept 30 and 50 round magazines.

And since they don't specify LR or Magnum, Grendle made the P30 with a 30 round magazine.
Perhaps they're referring to any .22 Auto offered by their company. They do have a 1911 style .22 that has a 10-round capacity, which would then make this revolver beat that capacity by 20%. However, the statement made is potentially misleading.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts

And since they don't specify LR or Magnum, Grendel made the P30 .22 magnum with a 30 round magazine.
Dont forget the Calico J-22 which came with either a 50 or 100 round magazine

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but come one now....none of those other guns are made like the US Firearms pistols. These are all steel old school guns...made like we don't see most production guns made these days.

Judging by the looks and quality put into everything that company turns out....750 bucks for this pistol is probably about right. Just about everything on the US Firearms website is making me drool.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Damn! They make some nice looking 1911s too.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep...their single actions are sweet as are their 1911s.

I'd love a 357 4 3/4" color case hardened revolver and one of their Colt Lightning repros in 357 to match...but who can afford it?

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
344 Posts
Awwww, man! WHY'D ya have to post that?!?!?

I've been looking for a .22 revolver for a while and just picked up a Single Six last weekend! Dag-nabit!

Of course the Ruger was less than half what the 12/22 runs. And if I'd seen this of course I'd just have to have gotten it in nickel, pushing the price past $1100. With that in mind, I guess I should really be thankful I picked up my Single Six.

But I still want one of those......

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would get that. Its super cool.... "a 12 shooter"
(I'm a big Ruger guy neat to see more quality competition)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love Ruger's single actions and have owned several to prove the point, but theres no denying that US Firearms stuff is some of the nicest I have seen in a long time.

I'll probably end up with a Single Six (and thats ok, because they ARE good shooters) but man...that 22-12 is really a fantastic piece.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
No doubt it's a nice piece, but they only got me beat by 3. My H&R is a 9 shot 6 shooter in 22. ;) :D :razz: :lol:

And I only paid $98 for it many years ago.

Still, I would love to fondle one of those US Firearms wheel guns. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Pretty cool, but for the money I would just get a single six.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts