Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with one? I'm looking at purchasing one from a friend of a friend. It's a series 1, but made in Yonkers not Clackamas. It was made in 1997, then my friend's friend bought it used from a shop in 2001. SN is in the K011xxx range. Friend's friend said he only put 1k rounds through it. I did a quick field strip and it looks good internally. I brought some snap caps, and it functioned fine with them. Finish is pretty good but scuff mark from the take down pin and some light wear but in overall good condition. I like character marks anyways and all my guns get shot.

The sights were changed to night sights, I believe they are Mepro but not 100%. They have MM3 engraved in the front and rear sight. The grips were changed to wood grips, but it includes the old rubber grips. It also includes 5 magazines total. 2 were older mags (looked like the stockers) and 2 that were recently purchased (no wear marks on these), but just generic stamping on the floor plate, and the 3rd was a 10rnd chip mccormick mag. The box, paperwork and receipt of used purchase was included.

What's a good price for one? He's selling the package at $450. I'm already going to buy it at that price but want to know what the street value is. From what I understand the Series 1 are more sought after than the Series 2 as well. I think it's a great buy at that price.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
At $450,......
I'd buy it! In good condition, without and undue wear or signs of abuse,...
a Series I should sell for $600, with mags and accessories.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got 6 Kimber Raptors of various finishes, 2 Custom II's, 1 Custom Royal, 1 Custom Gold Cup Stainless, 2 Warriors. $450 is a decent price, although not knowing the exact round count, you might want to completely examine the weapon for signs of stress, otherwise, if none shows, take it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's got an internal extractor, Series 1 from what I can tell. I wouldn't buy one with an external extractor, just doesn't seem right to do that to a JMB design :) I bought it and took it to the range yesterday. It's a great shooter. Trigger is a little stiffer than I thought it would be but maybe it just needs to be shot to wear in a bit. I think my XD trigger is actually a bit softer, though not as crisp. It shoots a little high for me, but I just have to get used to the sights I guess. It patterns nicely though.

The guy at the next line was amazed I got it for that price. He's been wanting a Kimber and I let him shoot it. He had a Keltec 9m that he let me shoot that was pretty kewl. I wasn't used to the DA trigger and was kind of all over the place at 10yds

·
Registered
212 Posts
I take your last post to mean that you bought it? If so congragulations, you just obtained a fine weapon! I have one from 2000 that I have carried/shot for years & it is 100% reliable with anything I put in it and @ 50ft. it is a one inch shopoter from sandbags. You will love it!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup I bought it :) I'm waiting on my parents to get back from their National Lampoon European Vacation so I can have my camera back :D

You're right, it's a great shooter for sure. I put 20 WWB JHPs through it no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts