Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever order a blade from the Khukuri House in Nepal? I've read some pretty good reviews regarding their products but there isn't a whole lot out there about them.

From what I understand, they produce quality functional khukuris for a decent price. They are supposedly the supplier to the Gurkhas but I'm fairly certain the knives for sale or more ornate and polished than the actual battle versions they make for their military.

I'm not ordering one for historical signifigance so I don't care that it isn't exactly like a Gurkha Khurkuri. I just want it to cut well, chop well and look good.

I'm interested in anyone's first hand expereince with the Khukuri House offerings.

Here is what I am ordering:

Khukuri House - 15" Defender (Guard)

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Somebody (03Ranger...???) ordered a khukuri from someplace in Nepal. I think it was a different place, though (?). About as authentic as you will ever get. You could search for it in this sub forum.

Now on to my business,..... Dang it, Quimby, you need to stop bringing this subject up! I want one of those real bad, and don't have the funds for it. And now you have to pick at that scab and remind me,... ya, butt! :p :D

Nice blade. Pics when you get it.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a video review of the knife I'm getting..... I want it even more now.

(sorry fritz... cover your eyes ;) )

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. It's a beast.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I've never handled one from khukri house, but I know by reputation they are well made users. I do have several from himalayan imports though. It generally sounds like the only real difference is the HI khuks are more pleasing to the eye. All 3 of my HI khukris are very well built. The chopper I bought is amazingly wonderful at keeping a shaving sharp edge even after chopping through branches with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more, and if for some reason I couldnt go through HI I would certainly have no reservations about buying from khukri house based on thier reputation.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got my Angkhola Supreme from Khukuri House (Thamel). It arrived in just under two weeks. Finish is a little less desirable than I was hoping for, but it's very solid and will be used hard so that's not really a problem. There are a few pretty sharp burs that need to be cleaned up so I don't cut myself on sharp edges (on the handle) when I use it, but a little time with a deburr wheel and buffing wheel should fix any of that.

This thing is VERY solid and hefty with a THICK blade. Some impromptu hacking in my back yard tells me it may not follow a straight line through medium size limbs due to the blade thickness and deviation as it cuts (compared to a machete it wants to turn and run with the grain) but it'll do nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts