Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Last night I did what I always do when I get a new shipment of ammo. I tore the G37 down, put it in my right hand and dropped 150 rounds of my case of Remington 230s into the chamber to see if any would have any issues.

After inspecting 15% of my new ammo I gave it the thumbs up for range use. This ammo is clean and bright. If it shoots good I will use it as my backup mag for carry and HD as I always have and will carry a mag with ball loaded in it.

I see alot of crushed case pics and damaged ammo pics. Just curious on how many of you inspect your ammo before you go to the range instead of waiting to find out until you get there.....

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Since I handload mine, it all gets checked as it is boxed. For carry, I use factory & check each round that comes out of the box. Also all carry ammo gets tested, min one full mag each carry mag. "Trust but verify".

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
I check factory out also and have some decent loads for my .45 XDm in .45 ACP, but I keep going back to my 185 gr. Golden Saber handload with Silhouette. But hey, this is Texas.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.