Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it to late? Actually it won't matter if the forum doesn't come up with enough backbone to get rid of the scum that just come here to crap all over the place. We've lost a lot of very good forum members because of those scumbags. With Kermee coming back this would be a good time to clean things up and take out the trash. Just a thought on forum improvement from the one eyed fatman.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
oh wow, this can go nowhere pretty!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Hey are you two feeling guilty about something??? LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Must be upset with my posts decrying the virtues of the .40S&W or soemthing. Hmm, last scumbag I remember was a some cyberdude guy who wanted to make a straw purchase I think. Hey guys, I may not agree with a lot of you, but I do not consider you scumbags.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm hoping all is not lost. I've been back-tracking a bit and going thru e-mails and it looks like we've weathered some "hot spots". Hopefully with myself back, we'll be able to "moderate" a bit better.

I've always taken a VERY light handed approach with users of this forum. I think tolerance and ignoring trolls are key. However, I've been finding examples (looks like at least once every two to three months), a much heavier hand needs to come down.

However, I can't ignore the fact that this community has grown exponentially while I was "away" and still, for the majority, a lot of people are enjoying the community and seem to be taking a great deal of value from here. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without everyone here.

I have a few ideas running around in my head to improve the forum. While I never got the forum back up to where it was before it was "hacked" last year, I think I'll be able to put a bunch of development work into improving the forums greatly. One of those ideas is moving to vBulletin, but we'll see as I toss ideas back and forth.

Thanks to everyone on the board, again.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
However, I can't ignore the fact that this community has grown exponentially while I was "away"
It's like my apartment. I leave to go to work for a while, and it fills up! The good mold mostly is what moves in, but then there's the bad mold...

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]
However, I can't ignore the fact that this community has grown exponentially while I was "away"
It's like my apartment. I leave to go to work for a while, and it fills up! The good mold mostly is what moves in, but then there's the bad mold...
If you didn't have bad mold to comapre to the good mold......

How would you know?

bd

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
[TASF]Overkill has a mystical shirt on his head, and that helps him know the difference in molds. In fact, his avatar has the strange ability to read what you think about him when you look at it. When I see it, it says "fun-guy" and sometimes it says "fungi". OEFM tells me that it says "kittens" for him. Tell us, what does it read for you bd? :wink:

:mrgreen:

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
Don said:
[TASF]Overkill has a mystical shirt on his head, and that helps him know the difference in molds. In fact, his avatar has the strange ability to read what you think about him when you look at it. When I see it, it says "fun-guy" and sometimes it says "fungi". OEFM tells me that it says "kittens" for him. Tell us, what does it read for you bd? :wink:

:mrgreen:
Rastafarian.... mon, big spliff.

bd :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think an "ignore" feature would help for starters.

I think we do a decent job of self moderation, but every once in a while someone craps the bed in the guest room.

Just think:

bd and CaptainRay could ignore each other.

Slowburn and Mullenman could ignore each other.

Lions could lie down with lambs.

I think it could work...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Is it to late? Actually it won't matter if the forum doesn't come up with enough backbone to get rid of the scum that just come here to crap all over the place. We've lost a lot of very good forum members because of those scumbags. With Kermee coming back this would be a good time to clean things up and take out the trash. Just a thought on forum improvement from the one eyed fatman.
+1

the most genius idea of the year.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
SLCDave said:
bd and CaptainRay could ignore each other.

Are you kidding? Ignore Ray?

That would be tantamount to ignoring a comet hurtling towards earth. It's my duty and his too to keep each other in check.

You're talking about the stability of the universe.... the balance of the cosmos.

It's a dangerous place that you tread......!

:wink:

:lol: bd :lol:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts