Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined, figured Id introduce myself.

The name is Dennis, 22, from KY. Blaster for a local mining company. Married, 2 small children, very blessed man. Started getting in to weaponry and firearms about 3 years ago, prior to that never touched a weapon.

Started off with an Ar15, ak47, then it just kept getting bigger, guess I got the "bug" everyone refers to....

Since then I have gotten my priorities lined out, realized its not what all you got, but what you know how to use.

Last year or so been getting in to long range shooting, joined the 1,000 yard club about a month ago, havent turned back. Only owned 3 pistols, started with a SW40ve about 2 years ago, sold it for a Beretta 92fs a year ago, sold it Friday, went and bought my first Xd.

I chose the XDm 40 compact, and couldn't be happier. I say "first Xd" because I most likely will be purchasing more of this line in the future.

Did I mention I havent even shot the thing yet? :oops:

Carried it for the first time tonight out picking up dinner, a lot easier to conceal than the 92 for sure, love the feel and handle of it.

Guess I have said enough for now, I will most likely be trolling for the first while getting use to the site, members, and how things work...

Hope to contribute something to someone someday...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
24,949 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
329 Posts
Howdy from Texas! Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
128,401 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome From FL.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
755 Posts
welcome and make sure you run some rnds through it pretty soon if you plan on carrying it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
broke it in today actually, went from around 90deg. to about slight rain and cool, so perfect time to shoot a little in the evening.

About 50 rounds through it without a hickup when I decided to head to the house, couldnt be happier with the pistol!

Almost dead on shooting at 6''x6'' cardboard targets at 15 yards. Once I get more use to it, I am sure I will improve my groupings some.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Another Texan welcomes you to the Forum....youngster! :D

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Welcome, again, from Louisiana. Nice 1st outing, indeed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts