1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think Kel-Tec is junk, and a .22 is useful for what? lol

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
KelTec keeps coming up with these toys that I *_really_* want.

I still need to pick up a CMR for the PMR.........

·
Registered
29,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Kel-Tec is junk, and a .22 is useful for what? lol
Cheap training, for starters; great to work on fundamentals...you can take several hours, and burn through a brick of .22 for about $25; 9mm would run you 3-4 times that...

Additionally, if you’ve got someone who is recoil sensitive (and not just due to nerves; conditions like RA can even make a .380 exceedingly painful in the hands and wrists), or has diminished hand strength, a .22 may be the only option...and it beats harsh language.

If you doubt that, have someone put a 40gr Aguila Interceptor between your running lights and let me know how much it tickles...

As for KT being junk...yeah, they can be quality challenged. But, at the price point, I don’t think there’s much to lose.

·
Registered
29,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KelTec keeps coming up with these toys that I *_really_* want.

I still need to pick up a CMR for the PMR.........
I keep looking at CMR’s for a vehicle long gun...the ones I’ve shot have been quite impressive in the accuracy department, easily keeping under 2” at 100 with a magnified optic.

·
Registered
372 Posts
At msrp $199 it's the Keltec Wrangler Auto! And yes I'd buy it, but I think it would be most fun to buy it and the Ruger Wranger in the same transaction.

Oh, and I think this will be a home run for KT, if it works well. It will be in future movies :)

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
I keep looking at CMR’s for a vehicle long gun...the ones I’ve shot have been quite impressive in the accuracy department, easily keeping under 2” at 100 with a magnified optic.
^ Damnit, you're -NOT- helping!

Maybe I'll wait for those Black Friday sales......

I've got six mags for the PMR, so that could be a lot of fun. :)

At msrp $199 it's the Keltec Wrangler Auto! And yes I'd buy it, but I think it would be most fun to buy it and the Ruger Wranger in the same transaction.
They should work on a package deal!

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
IF it feeds and shoots reliably then heck yeah I’d get one.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
It does not look completely keltec ugly

·
Registered
23 Posts
To each his own. For me I'd rather throw 200 out the window than buy a Keltec handgun ever again. Their Sub2000 is nice shooter and very unique I must admit that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
On Saturday I took my new P17 to the range for the first time. I ran 6-7 different types of ammo thru it to see what would and would not run smoothly. The first 3-5 rds of EVERY ammo I tried had FTF issues, but after that every ammo type ran like butter. This was the case with each of the 3 magazines. It's a very accurate little sucker with a very good trigger.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have been trying to find a P-17 for over a month now. I Can not believe they were under $150 when they came out. Why a P-17 over a TX .22?....customer service.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts