Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is buying one of these and he brought his Dad's into work for me to check out. I think i like that thing. It's chambered in either 9mm or .40 s&w and the mags from your Glock Or Beretta handgun will fit it. I am hoping they will make a set up that i can use my xdm 9mm mags in as i have a s load of them. Anybody have one of these that can comment? I havent shot one yet but I like the fact that it folds to 16" and can be stuffed in your BOB. Beats carrying around a rifle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and it can be had for $300.00.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've been eying this also. I'm not in the buying mode yet, but it's surely in my wanted list. From what I read, it can take Glock 17, Sig P226, or Beretta 92F mags (not the compact ones).

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The S2K is a cool little carbine. I toggled back & forth between getting it, or the Hi-Point 995. I ended up getting the G-17 S2K in Jan.

The SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: G-17, G-19, S&W59, BerettaA92, and SIG226.
If you get the Glock version, it only accepts Glock Mags, but if you get the S&W, Beretta, or SIG configurations, you can swap Mag Releases between those 3 styles.

There is no XD (SA) configuration. I wish there was. :(

Right now, the 9mm version is VERY hard to find. There are a few .40s floating around.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
IIRC Beretta 92 mags can be altered to fit an original XD, so you could in theory make the SUB2000 partner with an XD, but I don't know if that helps you at all for the XDm. I don't think it does.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen this gun locally either. I see some on Gunbroker and actually the one i held this morning was bought off of there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got to play with one of these at the range on saturday. The guy had just bought it at the gun show and we were both checking out our new toys. He had the 30 round glock mags in it. It was extremely fun to shoot very accurate out to 50 yards with iron sights. It is really easy to keep it on target. You can send a lot of lead down range very quickly if you want. The guy said he had been looking for the glock 9mm version all over the place and they are hard to find so when he saw one at the gun show he jumped all over it.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I read were there two models, not sure what the difference was in the older one versus the newer models. I would really like to have one, that takes the Glock 9mm mags.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
ive shot one and i was going to buy it but the sight picture doesn't really line up comfortably for me when i have it up on my shoulder. without any real way to put a sight on it i passed but it was fun to let off a bunch of rounds out of the large glock mag. if it fits for you it seems like a pretty decent carbine and its relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive shot one and i was going to buy it but the sight picture doesn't really line up comfortably for me when i have it up on my shoulder. without any real way to put a sight on it i passed but it was fun to let off a bunch of rounds out of the large glock mag. if it fits for you it seems like a pretty decent carbine and its relatively inexpensive.
There are several "upgrade" options that various folks have made, such as the buffer cover, that make the weapon better.

R

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had mine for years. It uses G17 mags. Reliable, very accurate, and a great price. Plus you can carry it in a gym bag, shopping bag, or whatever. Just a really nice gun for the money.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I had a G17 version for awhile which is the one I would suggest. Nothing like having a large amount of 17rd and 33rd factory mags available. Its accurate and soft shooting. A cheap Kel-Tec stock extension is nice for those with longer arms. The factory front rail that replaces the plastic insert up front is a nice touch and with both add-ons everything is still compact and keeps it fold-able.

I ended up selling mine because I just didn't have a use for it. I have an AR pistol for a small bag gun and I have compartments in my SUV that will easily store a full sized AR or AK plus several magazines. They can fill a role for some but I'd rather go with a rifle round in an equal sized platform. I think the main reason they sell so well is the fold-ability. Take that away and its not much smaller than an AK or AR plus its still only shooting a pistol round.

I'm in no way knocking it. Its a good gun,especially for the recoil sensitive but I'd suggest for someone to try and rationalize it before picking one up. Also, don't add a bunch of garbage on it since at that point you would be better off with an AR. Its meant to be a small stow & go gun so to make it bulky would be to lose the purpose of such a gun.

I kinda use to kid to people that it was a poor man's MP5 except you slap the bold down from the back instead of the front.

Please read: Nothing here is a bash on those who own and like the S2K. This post is one man's opinion. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts