Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I really like my PF9 but the trigger is kind of thin and pointy causing it to pinch and it's also set too far forward for a comfortable pull.

Here's how I did it.

Drill and tap the trigger in the area that is closest to the trigger/frame. I then adjusted the screw until it would reset after firing but also remove the most pretravel. Marked the screw with a file and removed it. I then put blue loctite and re-inserted the screw. I also removed a bit off the trigger and rounded the sharp edges.

Before

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it sure comes in handy. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
nice, one more thing for my to do list!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK one more mod, I ordered some spare triggers and moded one. I straightened it out and did some smoothing out also did a pretravel stop. I'm also planning on doing a overtravel stop later.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
OK one more mod, I ordered some spare triggers and moded one. I straightened it out and did some smoothing out also did a pretravel stop. I'm also planning on doing a overtravel stop later.

Getting better......did you heat it & bend it?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No not yet, been working late this week.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
that looks like a world of improvement

did you cut the screw down? I cant see it any longer in the final pic.
more proof of you cant keep a good man down.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope the screw is under the polymer frame and is against the aluminum block.
Next thing is a over travel stop.
I have a couple of ideas for that, still haven't decide which way to go.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you seen the aluminum trigger that's being sold now?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Have you seen the aluminum trigger that's being sold now?
I think they`re made by Northwood,about 50 bucks if I remember correctly, they look nice

I may put one on mine, havent decided yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I really like my PF9 but the trigger is kind of thin and pointy causing it to pinch and it's also set too far forward for a comfortable pull.

Here's how I did it.

Drill and tap the trigger in the area that is closest to the trigger/frame. I then adjusted the screw until it would reset after firing but also remove the most pretravel. Marked the screw with a file and removed it. I then put blue loctite and re-inserted the screw. I also removed a bit off the trigger and rounded the sharp edges.

Before

Hi I just saw this & join it. But I'm interested in you trigger improvement, but the photos are gone. Would love to see them, because I have to do something with my PF-9 trigger. Thanks Pault5

1 - 18 of 18 Posts