Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my Keltec PF-9 with Hard Chrome finish with 2 almost new magazines (used about 30 rounds between the 2). I have changed my CCW to a Glock 19 and no longer need this (though I can be persuaded for ?? - see trades below).

For disclosure, I've had several failure to feed on this gun prior to being serviced. Keltec certainly did it right by offering to fix it and they went above and beyond. My opinion, I can attribute part of the blame on me. I have not been able to adjust to the way the gun likes to shoot. For what it's worth, it's surprisingly accurate. Actual shooting results may vary depending on ammo, weather, disposition, etc, etc.

As far as the service work done, I would say that with the exception of frame and grip, it's pretty much new parts. Keltec told me that they test fired 100 rounds on this without issues. Here's a list of what was done to this:

- Replaced hard chrome slide (who said they did not have any)
- Replaced grip/and or mag catch
- Replaced internal parts (no clue what this means or what parts)
- Replaced old mags with 2 new ones
- Polished feed ramp

I have not shot it since I got it back, though I've shot close around 500 rounds through it. I clean and lube the gun regularly and every time after shooting. It has normal wear on the frame rails. I've also smoothed out the overmold marks to reduce bite (backstrap, trigger, trigger guard)

This package will include:
- pistol
- 2 magazines
- 1 factory pinky extension
- hogue grips (trimmed)
- Limbsaver (if I find it in the parts bin)
- original box and manual

5 shot group, 21 feet

I would like to sell the package for $280 OBO FTF in Houston, Texas. I can ship for an additional $30.

Trades offers are accepted (+/- cash).
My interests are:

- Saiga AKs in 7.62 or 5.45 (the sporster lineup)
- AK underfolders (prefer a Yugo M70AB2 with a DCI receiver)
- Ammo (7.62x39, 5.45x39, 9mm, 45 ACP)

Email is the best way to contact me. Address is in my profile. This is cross-posted on other forums.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
So if they sent you 2 new magazines, how do the mags you are shipping with it have 30 rounds through it?

You should shoot the thing before you sell a potential bad eggbto a member.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if they sent you 2 new magazines, how do the mags you are shipping with it have 30 rounds through it?

You should shoot the thing before you sell a potential bad eggbto a member.
The mags were sent prior to me shipping the gun to them for repairs. We were diagnosing the FTF problem and they initially said mags were the issue. So they sent me 2 to replace the bad ones. I shot about 30 rounds after I got it in still had the problem. That's when they took the whole gun + mags and sent me what u see today. They test fired 100 rounds through it with no problems (i don't know if they used my mags).

As far as FTF issues (before I sent it in), I don't have a problem with the gun when shooting supported (weak hand). I get FTFs when shooting one hand only. I highly suspect it's got to do with my lack of control on the muzzle flip. My hands are big and barely able to grip it with 2 fingers. The factory pinky extension is too short to fully support my 3 fat fingers.

I'd probably shoot it later this week when I get time, but it's offered locally as well and I'd be more than happy to have anyone interested here in Houston to do test fires all day long until they're satisfied (using their ammo) or get tired, whichever comes first.

I'm no gunsmith so I can't claim it's 100%. I can shoot 100 rounds on it and not have a problem, but that don't make it certified good, MUCH LIKE WHEN YOU BUY A GUN NEW. I trust the people who built it would have made it right. Given the history with this, it has received quite a bit more attention from the people that actually MAKES them vs guns that are just coming off the factory.

I posted the Ad for what it is and made it a point to describe the issues I was having before it got repaired. I want anyone who might be interested in it to know the prior issues so there's no gray area - it's all out there. I doubt most people who sell their unwanted guns will do the same (for fear it might hurt their sale?).

Lastly, the gun has a LIFETIME warranty.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Don't sweat it - I admire your honesty, I hope someone buys this before I get a wild hair. Always wanted to shoot one to see what it's like, and at this price it's tempting.

Good luck on the sale, it's a hot gun that many are looking for and a great concealed carry size as well.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't sweat it - I admire your honesty, I hope someone buys this before I get a wild hair. Always wanted to shoot one to see what it's like, and at this price it's tempting.

Good luck on the sale, it's a hot gun that many are looking for and a great concealed carry size as well.
Thanks Thunder. That's what the large full photo montage is for. I always though of the PF9 as the noisy cricket (of MIB fame). :)

Believe or not, I'm hesitant to sell it and only selling because I want to build my Saiga AK - and need to fund the project. I have well exceeded my fun funds and the boss won't have anymore of it (for now).

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Wow! SPF. I knew someone would BITE fast on this dude. I was inquiring about this pistol just last week, and no one around here has one, nor their distributor. CGP- that's a good looking pistol, and would be worth my time to work through it's troubles too. I bet you hate to part with it.

TeXJ- Knew you would be interested, you had mentioned it the last time we got together.

Best of luck in your sale! :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! SPF. I knew someone would BITE fast on this dude. I was inquiring about this pistol just last week, and no one around here has one, nor their distributor. CGP- that's a good looking pistol, and would be worth my time to work through it's troubles too. I bet you hate to part with it.

TeXJ- Knew you would be interested, you had mentioned it the last time we got together.

Best of luck in your sale! :D
It was sold quick before I had the chance to change my mind. The hard chrome finish is nowhere to be found. I don't even know if Keltec is still producing them which probably make this even more sought after. I had posted on other forums but it was sold here, bought by another member.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts