Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had posted a thread about my P3A and the small spring on the guide rod springing out the front of the gun at the range, When I called Kel-Tec about the problem the guy was like yeah it happens we drilled the holes to big on some the 3rd generation Kel-Teck. I asked him why they didn't do a recall on this problem. He told me that it was not a big problem or deal. I was pissed, not important? After the spring popped out the gun had an FTE issue which we can all see why. The guy at Kel-Tec cs was an ass to say the least. I have sent them two emails which no one has responded. MY QUESTION IS THIS DO YOU THINK THAT I AM UNREASANABLE TO ASK THEM TO SEND ME A RETURN LABEL SO I DO NOT GET STUCK PAYING TO FIX A BRAND NEW GUN THAT THEY MADE A ERROR WHICH COULD HAVE KILLED ME IN A COMBAT SITUATION?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ok so I had posted a thread about my P3A and the small spring on the guide rod springing out the front of the gun at the range, When I called Kel-Tec about the problem the guy was like yeah it happens we drilled the holes to big on some the 3rd generation Kel-Teck. I asked him why they didn't do a recall on this problem. He told me that it was not a big problem or deal. I was pissed, not important? After the spring popped out the gun had an FTE issue which we can all see why. The guy at Kel-Tec cs was an ass to say the least. I have sent them two emails which no one has responded. MY QUESTION IS THIS DO YOU THINK THAT I AM UNREASANABLE TO ASK THEM TO SEND ME A RETURN LABEL SO I DO NOT GET STUCK PAYING TO FIX A BRAND NEW GUN THAT THEY MADE A ERROR WHICH COULD HAVE KILLED ME IN A COMBAT SITUATION?
That $230 price tag really was too good to be true! I'm with ya. They should claim responsibility. I would be angry as well.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
My frame cracked on my P3AT, what a piece of junk. They don't even care if they sell junk or not. I'd have better luck carrying an air soft pistol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've only heard great things about Kel-Tec customer service.

I'd love to see a pic of the front of your P3AT. Looking at mine, I have no idea how that spring could shoot out the front of the gun. Mine was made this year.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I share similar experiences with trying to get my Sub-2000 fixed. They don't answer their email, have ****ty customer service, long repair times, and somehow, only send return labels to members of KTOG.org.

I lost a bunch of money, but I happily traded away the gun for something that actually works.

Long story short.. I'm never buying another new Kel-Tec, and will never trust my life to one.

But, thats my 2 cents and YMMV :confused:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
On another issue besides your gun problem: Gun manufacurers' customer service almost never answer emails. You have to call them. This seems to be a general rule for them.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
Oh yeah,

They made me fix the broken frame. They sent me a new frame, but I had to disassemble the old one and put the guts in the new frame. Seems like they should have done that for me. Anyone who doesn't know, it's a B*TCH to put one together without the right tools.:x

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do I post a pic from my computer?

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I bought my used p32 from someone who had several of them. He now has a p3at and my roommate has a pf9. Several hundred rounds through mine without any jams or failures. I am quite happy with it. Just remember, everyone has horror stories about every brand, even indestructible glocks and XD's.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a P3AT and i have been lucky with it, last time i went to the range with my wife and a couple of friends we put 150 rounds through it and no problems only one FTE due to my wife limp wristing after putting 90 some rounds by herself her hand was a little tired apparently. I read that you need to clean it a little after 50 rounds i let my wife shot her 100 rounds and then i open another 50 round box for my friends and their wifes to try it and no problems

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called Kel-Tec and got the same jerk on the phone who could care less and said "THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING TO THEM" I then said thank you and may I speak to a supervisor. I spoke with Flow who was great. She said that since the gun was brand new, (been to the range twice, first time 50 rounds with a lot of FTF and FTE. The second time I fired three rounds and on the fourth round the gun jammed and the inner guide rod spring came out of the front of the gun.) She asked me what kind of ammo I was using at the range so they could use the same to test fire after the repair was done. She also asked what I carried so they could test fire that as well. She is sending me a shipping label at there cost via Email to me. IF YOU NEED CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM KEL-TEC SHIP THE JERK WHO ANSWERS THE PHONE AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH FLOW. SHE SAID THAT THE WAIT RIGHT NOW IS 4-6 WEEKS. HOWEVER THAT IF I SENT IT ATTENTION TO HER I WOULD HAVE IT BACK IN 1-2 WEEKS. THANKS FLOW.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds like you got the right persons attention. Good luck and happy shooting when you get it back.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
There has been known problems with the peening issue on the slide of the P3AT. I had the same problem and they replaced the slide and barrel. But I couldn't trust it and sold it. But last week I bought a new PF-9 and ran 100 rounds through it yesterday and it performed flawlessly. I really like it and carry it now.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I just called Kel-Tec and got the same jerk on the phone who could care less and said "THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING TO THEM" I then said thank you and may I speak to a supervisor. I spoke with Flow who was great. She said that since the gun was brand new, (been to the range twice, first time 50 rounds with a lot of FTF and FTE. The second time I fired three rounds and on the fourth round the gun jammed and the inner guide rod spring came out of the front of the gun.) She asked me what kind of ammo I was using at the range so they could use the same to test fire after the repair was done. She also asked what I carried so they could test fire that as well. She is sending me a shipping label at there cost via Email to me. IF YOU NEED CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM KEL-TEC SHIP THE JERK WHO ANSWERS THE PHONE AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH FLOW. SHE SAID THAT THE WAIT RIGHT NOW IS 4-6 WEEKS. HOWEVER THAT IF I SENT IT ATTENTION TO HER I WOULD HAVE IT BACK IN 1-2 WEEKS. THANKS FLOW.
I'm glad they took care of you. I have always heard good things about Kel Tec's customer service, so I figured someone would make it right. Although I don't own and Kel Tecs now, I have owned two in the past and never had any issues with them other than the suspect finish.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Gents & ladies, I am a firm believer
of what is preached over on the K - T
forum.

Fluff and buff right out of the box,
real simple to do. Saves a lot of
heartaches and headaches.

Ed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts