Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an email saying that these are available. Evidently I put my name on a waiting list, and these things have been hard to come by from what I understand. I don't really know about the gun, but hope one of yall can benefit from the information. Check it out. :)http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86048

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been seriously considering buying a couple of those for our two "30 something", single Mom, daughters. They are not shooters, but I think I could teach them to shoot these pistol caliber carbines fairly easy. At least easier than a pistol. A shotgun would not be practical in either of their homes because they are both sorta petite and wouldn't like the recoil and weight of a shotgun.

The more I think about it, the better these PCCs sound, for use by women who are not and probably never will be "shooters"...

Thanks for the link, Houston and Semper Fi!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I bought mine from tacticalfirearms.us. They are in Katy, Texas. I suggest you give them a call. It's been a few months but I know they had a LOT of Sub 2000 in stock when I picked mine up.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
They were never overly scarce as far as I could tell, but it is a good reminder of how cheap they have become relative to the Hi-point by just staying the same price. They used to cost twice the Hi-point. Now its less than a $50 price premium to get the folding double stack.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
One tip - take note of which brand of magazine the one you're looking at utilizes before you purchase. The 9mm version that utilizes the Glock magazines has the highest capacity.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
One tip - take note of which brand of magazine the one you're looking at utilizes before you purchase. The 9mm version that utilizes the Glock magazines has the highest capacity.
Another tip, back in the day, we used to use both Beretta 92/Taurus 99 mags and S&W 59 series mags in our HS2000s/XD9s before factory hi-caps were available. They had to be modified a bit but it is likely that XD mags with some tweaking would fit a Sub 2000 with a S&W/Beretta grip.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you decide on the Glock mags, make sure you differentiate between Glock 19 and Glock 17 mags. The Sub 2000 does come in both configurations with the difference being that the G19 model has a shorter grip than the G17 model. I have a G17 model and it barely fits my hands. The G19 will be shorter and likely have you pinky hanging under the grip.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If you decide on the Glock mags, make sure you differentiate between Glock 19 and Glock 17 mags. The Sub 2000 does come in both configurations with the difference being that the G19 model has a shorter grip than the G17 model. I have a G17 model and it barely fits my hands. The G19 will be shorter and likely have you pinky hanging under the grip.
Actually, the Glock 18 magazines are the 33 round capacity mags. Glock 17 mags will work but only give you 17 round capacity.

MidwayUSA usually has the best prices on the 33 round Glock-brand mags. I wouldn't mess with the Korean knock-offs.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
I've been seriously considering buying a couple of those for our two "30 something", single Mom, daughters. They are not shooters, but I think I could teach them to shoot these pistol caliber carbines fairly easy. At least easier than a pistol. A shotgun would not be practical in either of their homes because they are both sorta petite and wouldn't like the recoil and weight of a shotgun.

The more I think about it, the better these PCCs sound, for use by women who are not and probably never will be "shooters"...

Thanks for the link, Houston and Semper Fi!
I have one in the Glock 9mm flavor. It's a good gun for ranges out to 50 yards. At 100, it is 'combat accurate' with a cheap red-dot scope. My only real problem with the gun is I have had to run around 1500 rounds of the heavy, 147 grain bullets through it before it became fairly reliable using 115 grain target loads. Before that, if I tried to run the 115 gr. through it it was a jam-o-matic. roughly every 3rd round would stovepipe.

For a home defense scenario, I would worry about over penetration. The 16 inch barrel adds a bit to the velocity, and my limited penetration tests showed me that even from my XDs a 9mm will penetrate 2 2x6s taped back to back.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I shot one in 40SW many years ago. It took Glock 22 mags.

Yes, it was "combat accurate" and the trigger was not great, but for short distances, it would definitely get the job done. 15rds of 40SW ought to cover it! LOL

Glock 22 mags can be had as low as 9.99 apiece for police trade in factory Glock mags. They last forever, too. I believe you can get 30rd G22 mags, but 15rds of 40SW would do it for me.

Since I have a Glock 22...yeah...i always wanted one of these things, but the only ones I ever see in person are the 9mm ones that take G17 or Beretta mags.

Maybe some day I will buy one. It was totally reliable and kind of fun to shoot.

A perfect "under the seat" gun for your pickup.

- brickboy240

1 - 10 of 10 Posts