Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looky here, just got a new addition and I can't wait to take it for some paper hole-making affair tomorrow. This is the 9mm variant that takes Glock mags. I was looking at this for a while and been at gun shows, online shops, LGS with no luck. Finally got a break and found a few at a new local gun shop I've never been before. Promptly drove across town and picked one up stat!

I gave her a good cleaning last night. The plastic parts are a little rough, which I've come to expect from KT (I also have a PF-9). But I like the innovative design and reported reliability. I'll find that out soon.

Anyone else have one? I'm interested in your experience and mods.

Got an exceptional deal on this at my local shop. They've got, as I was told, a lot in stock in both 9mm and .40 calibers. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
It on my list of maybe someday guns, but probably not.

It looks like it has pretty much the same sights as my SU16a has. I put a scope on that. A scope isn't a viable option with the sub2k. I'd also want a pistol that could share mags with it. Maybe I'd get the Berretta version if I had a XD40SC (on the want list)

ps. I hear they are more fun to shoot after you get pepper sprayed :p

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some reading on KT forum and there is an aftermarket quad rail system that rotates, allowing you to install a scope. The downside is that I would have to remove the sights in order to install and it is pricey - probably more than what would pay for relative to the value of this awesome gun.

I envisioned this to be something intermediate range (25 - 75 yards). It's certainly not a rifle caliber, but from what I read, it's more accurate than a handgun at those distances. Only way to find out is to put some lead through it :)

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
You should find someone with a chronograph and check the bullet velocity from your pistol and then your Sub2000. I'm guessing it's not only more accurate, but a bit more powerful too.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
how is the front sight affixed to those? I'd love to get one to use with my suppressor, but with the sight that far forward...

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Good luck with the new weapon. Range report please.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's going to the range today, together with my PF-9 Glock 34, and about 350 rounds of ammo...

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
I did some reading on KT forum and there is an aftermarket quad rail system that rotates, allowing you to install a scope. The downside is that I would have to remove the sights in order to install and it is pricey - probably more than what would pay for relative to the value of this awesome gun.

I envisioned this to be something intermediate range (25 - 75 yards). It's certainly not a rifle caliber, but from what I read, it's more accurate than a handgun at those distances. Only way to find out is to put some lead through it :)
No doubt it is more accurate than a handgun, but the sights are the limiting factor, not the round. My scoped 9mm Hi-point is much more accurate than my .223 SU-16a was when scope-less at any distance I shot them. I was thinking of filing the front blade on my SU to a point, but got the scope instead. Its something you may want to consider.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've owned one and found it to be a fun, reliable rifle. It fed any ammo I had, was light to carry, and reasonably accurate. The only concern I had was the stock tube on it developed a light coat of rust if you didn't keep it oiled. I'm not sure why just there, but I've read comments on other sites about other owners having the same problem.
Enjoy the rifle.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just came back from "work". Pushing all that ammo through the Sub 2000 was hard work :)

I'll update this thread later tonight with pics and results.

·
Registered
19,742 Posts
what were the results? did the barn escape? or did you manage to put a few in its broad side? :p

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I would love to have one of these, on my short list for sure. That exact model that takes the Glock mags

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would love to have one of these, on my short list for sure. That exact model that takes the Glock mags
Correct. This one takes the Glock 17 mags to be more specific. I read they also come in a Glock 19 which has a shorter grip.

I know my LGS has a few of these in stock. IM me if you are interested. Best prices I've seen anywhere.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have one, I love it. Great truck gun. I noticed it has no way to hold the pistol grip together on the front side. So if you stick the mags in crooked at all-it likes to open up slightly and "bite" your fingers. My resolution was a hogue grip sleeve (more specifically I used the Hogue Handall Jr. Grip). It fits great, looks great, added a finger groove, and no more bite!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Exactly the model I have. Mine's all apart right now getting an aluminum trigger; the polymer one just seemed kind of sleazy. If you don't have an Uplula, get one. You can load those 33's in about a minute with no sore fingers. The ballistics I've seen have them dropping a lot at 100yd, but I couldn't tell you because I haven't been on that long a range with it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly the model I have. Mine's all apart right now getting an aluminum trigger; the polymer one just seemed kind of sleazy. If you don't have an Uplula, get one. You can load those 33's in about a minute with no sore fingers. The ballistics I've seen have them dropping a lot at 100yd, but I couldn't tell you because I haven't been on that long a range with it.
I've since added the quad rails from Keltec. I have not tried to do 100 yards yet. I have the uplula and usually preload my mags before I make the trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time post so please be gentle.
I'm about to purchase the sub 2k and really want a hand guard that goes full length. Without actually having held one yet, how possible does it look to be able to jerry-rig an AR handguard to fit?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts