Springfield XD Forum banner

Kel-Tec SU-16CA

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  sourpatch45 
#1 ·
Not my first choice for a carbine, but i live in california and this is about as close as i can get without having to use a tool or swing the upper receiver open to load mags. Honestly that is what sold me on the gun. Mags fall free and i can use AR style mags.

I was just wondering if anybody had some info on where i can get some aftermarket parts for this rifle. Kel-tec offers an AR style forend and muzzle break. Not sure if there is any other AR parts that can be fitted to this gun. The guys that sold me the gun at the local gun shop didn't know much.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
I've looked as SU-16s for quite a while, but always purchased other things instead. I have surfed teh KTOG forums, as well as another Kel-Tec forum that's out there. I really like the SU-16, for the most part. The fold-up feature and piston system are attractive, I think. However, lack of iron sight options are what keep me away. Plus, I have never seen one in a shop or at a gun show in my neck fo the woods.

#5 ·
Are the Subby 2K's banned in Kali-phony-ia also? I'm get'n one of those after Xmas...just ask'n for cash from Santa to put towards one. :cool:

#6 ·
I've looked as SU-16s for quite a while, but always purchased other things instead. I have surfed teh KTOG forums, as well as another Kel-Tec forum that's out there. I really like the SU-16, for the most part. The fold-up feature and piston system are attractive, I think. However, lack of iron sight options are what keep me away. Plus, I have never seen one in a shop or at a gun show in my neck fo the woods.
really wish i could get something else, but this has been my best bet in cali. just discovered KTOG yesterday and will further pursuit my search for knowledge there. just trying to figure out how many other parts i can get that are AR specific.

#8 ·
really wish i could get something else, but this has been my best bet in cali. just discovered KTOG yesterday and will further pursuit my search for knowledge there. just trying to figure out how many other parts i can get that are AR specific.
Here's another forum I frequented when I was getting acquainted with the SU-16.

The Kel-Tec Range :: Index

Don't forget to Google Kel-Tec SU-16 to find all sorts of threads on other forums, too.

I just remembered that my Uncle has an SU-16. I should email him and see what he thinks of it.

#11 ·

UGLY? Are you crazy? This is one sexy beast! And she's lightweight, compact, caries her own extra mags, and even has a bi-pod built-in!

Good God, I'm in love...

Ya, she has her weaknesses, but there's so much to love! I can't wait until I get mine. I'm trading in a Ruger No. 1 and a Leupold Vari-X III to get me one of these beauties.

#15 ·
I like it, but what's the sticker price? $650?? You can get a Savage bolt action .223 for way less than that, can't you?
lol yeah...but then again that's like saying...

WOW nice 74,000 dollar sports car but I can get a sedan for less than that can't I.

Two different things.

I wouldn't mind having either but it's apples and oranges.

#16 ·
i had an su16c for a while, its the one with the stock that can be folded and still be shot. which is not legal in cali.

well over all the rifle worked great, i didnt have any real problems with it except those related to mags.

personally i would get an ar15 with a bullet button, it is really easy to use and is not that big of a pain. putting up with the bullet button would be worth it IMO.

the gun works but its just really cheap feeling.

#17 ·
by the way the built in bipod blows. it would work in a pinch but is very unstable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.