Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got my XD40 and A Mossberg12ga. Now I need a a lil more firepower, primarily for SHTF but also some fun wkend shooting. I'm think of something small and compact but must have carbine like capacity and fire a rifle round. Mini-draco, KelTec plr16, mp5, ar pistol, etc. Think along those lines. I'm also thinking about a collpasble butsstock or folding but what I don't get is why its ok to have stocks on Mac10s and the like but not on the keltec or an ar/ak pistol? Thye rifle caliber thing is not a big issue but I don't have any currently so its more of a want. Hell, I've even been thinking of buying a tommy gun, a new semi auto of course. What are the tommys considered? Prolly a rifle huh? I'm kind of a new guy so I'm just looking for guidance towards my next purchase. Maybe some ideas I haven't seen yet. Hope this is in the right spot, I figured since the Keltec is my 1st consideration and its considered a pistol I'm in tthe right place.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I've had a PLR-16 for a few years, and have fired over 1000 rounds through it ... It's worked every time, and has reliably fed HP ammo that would stop at the feed-ramp of my AR.

Best of luck with your decision.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it small enough to conceal under a large zip up hoodie or a carhart jacket? I'm kinda wanting concealability so I'm not walking around toting a freakin carbine with tac vest and rambo knife.....LoL

I'm wanting to draw as little attention as possible. I also like that the barrel for the Kel Tec is threaded allowing for easy swaps. How's the recoil? What brake/flash hider to you guys use? How about handguards? I plan to mount a light/laser to it, maybe a red dot but how are the factory sights? Thanks for any info you guys can give!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How bout an MP5 knockoff or something similar. Its still a pistol cartridge but can hold more rounds and fire them faster and more accuratly. But I don't know what a good brand or manufacturer would be for these .

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
I don't know if there is one.

for bigger firepower, the PLR16 makes a tough case for itself to be beaten.

they're reliable, take AR mags if I remember (so you can load up on PMAGs) and will shoot very accurately.

The only downside is that they're insanely loud.

and they run around 500 bucks new.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
^^^ YES ... INSANELY LOUD

94dak,
I'm using this compensator

It's a Levang Linear by DPMS, and I've not invested in a hand guard.

Also, I'm using a Bushnell Holosight ... It works very well on the boom gun.
You would never want to shoot this thing without hearing protection.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I had one. Almost impossible to aim and fire precisely. For that reason, I sold it. Fun gun to look at and to fire from the hip but ammo aint cheap and I like to hit the target. I think they are great for hanging on the wall of a man-cave but I wouldn't buy one again over something more practical or functional in the same caliber.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ive got this same question.

I want a 5.56 or 7.62 cal rifle for SHTF but realize that I dont want to be a target.

So, I want something that will be concealable.

Even with a folding stock, an AR or AK is not going to be easily hidden, so I was considering an AR or AK pistol.

My ideal would be an SBR AR with <11 in. barrel and a folding stock. Unfortunately, that would require a piston driven AR pistol which is way out of my budget.

Those of you that own one: the AR or AK pistols (or other rifle/pistol variant) are really so big that they cannot be easily concealed? And how loud are we talking here? How uncontrollable?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thanks AZXD! I could tell from HicCock45's video that it is LOUD!

The suppressor seemed to help. The guy fired only one round; was he shooting subsonic ammo in addition to using a suppressor??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.