Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had the Kel-Tec PF 9 in my hand at the Air Force Exchange. It had the baby blue receiver with the dark blued slide. The BX insists on having trigger locks on them so that adds weight but it is just a bit bigger than my beloved P3AT. $275 which is p pretty decent price I think. Anyone else have any experiance? I still wonder why Kel Tec pistols have that "We knocked off just before we finished building" look? Once again it has that space under the slide. (My only complaint)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have one and love it, It is a great ccw gun. The finish kinda sucks but it is a cheap gun. There is a guy on the KTOG site that does nickle plating on the slides for $30, I'm thinking about going that route.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I had one and ditched it. It's built cheap. It's nice to have as a spare or backup gun but I wouldn't use it as my primary carry. Even the Kel-tec website says their guns are good for 6,000 rounds. If you are a believer in shooting it a few times then carrying it, that's your call. I like to put at least 1,000 rounds thru a gun I'm gonna carry and be proficient at shooting it. The semi-disposable Kel-tec doesn't fit that approach.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I got rid of my PF-9 due to it having a failure of some sorts with every mag i put through it. Tried different ammo though it, tried having other shoot it. After having it happen all the time on all the different trips to the range, i decided that this wasn't a gun i could trust my life to and traded it in for my Xd9 service.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was looking to get one as a primary carry during the hot TEXAS summer but decided to hold out for a more reliable option. 99% just didn't seem good enough.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I was looking to get one as a primary carry during the hot TEXAS summer but decided to hold out for a more reliable option. 99% just didn't seem good enough.
what about the LCP, i have never owned/shot one, but i do hear a lot of good things. I hope to get one when i save up a little money.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had one and ditched it. It's built cheap. It's nice to have as a spare or backup gun but I wouldn't use it as my primary carry. Even the Kel-tec website says their guns are good for 6,000 rounds. If you are a believer in shooting it a few times then carrying it, that's your call. I like to put at least 1,000 rounds thru a gun I'm gonna carry and be proficient at shooting it. The semi-disposable Kel-tec doesn't fit that approach.
I hope you dont carry a KAHR because thay are rated at 6000 rds also. The kahr is alot better looking and alot more money and a whole lot of people carry those.
Just my.02

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
New Kel-Tec PF-9s (especially serial #s R8--- or higher) should be free of bugaboos. It's the best "bang" for the buck out there, especially among 9mms.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't konw about ruger but if you send a kel-tec back home it usually comes back with a new barrel,slide and sometimes reciver(restamped with old #'s) . what I am trying to say is it will never wear out because keltec will fix or replace anything and if they don't. Every part is avaliable for purchase and at pretty cheap prices ie. barrel $60, slide $70 and grip frame $30. So I wouldn't sweat it too much :D.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't konw about ruger but if you send a kel-tec back home it usually comes back with a new barrel,slide and sometimes reciver(restamped with old #'s) . what I am trying to say is it will never wear out because keltec will fix or replace anything and if they don't. Every part is avaliable for purchase and at pretty cheap prices ie. barrel $60, slide $70 and grip frame $30. So I wouldn't sweat it too much :D.
An excellent point and also the reason I own a few of Kel-Tec's products ... Including a PF9;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts