Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this has undoubtedly been asked many, many times before. I did try to search the forums first with little luck (but I'm tired and probably wasn't as thorough as I could have been), so please, keep the flames to a minimum.

Anyways, I'd like to get either a P32 or a P3AT (32 vs 380) and wanted to hear some other opinions as to advantages or disadvantages of these.

My current line of thinking is that with the .32, you get one more shot than with the .380, so I'm leaning that way at the moment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a P-32, mainly because that's all I could get my hands on at the time...but I really don't think the difference in caliber will make much real life difference. The major difference, in my opinion, is that the .32 ACP cartridge is a "rimmed" cartiridge and is prone to rim-lock if using JHP's primarily (but can happen w/ FMJ also, but less often). This means if you want to use JHP, you need to modify your magazines.

With the .380 you really don't have to worry about rimlock because it is a rimless cartridge. That is something I really wish I had known about the .32 round before I made the decision, but I carry FMJ rounds in my P-32 anyway and it has always fed reliably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts