Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears as if quite a few XD guys on this website also have Kel Tec's. What ammo is everbody using in the .32 for self/home defence? Make, model and bullet weight please. Thanks

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Can't speak personally but I've heard the Fiocchi 32 APHP JHP is good. Do a Search over on the KTOG forum.

This might be helpful:
GoldenLoki.com

·
Banned
284 Posts
Out of a 2" something barrel, the .32 ACP is REALLY anemic. At the low velocities the .32 bullets are launched at, they cannot be counted on to reliably expand, therefore, 71gr FMJ is recommended.

Hollowpoint .32 ACP loads are available, but will not expand or penetrate deep enough to reliably incapacitate.

Speer 60gr Gold Dot
Winchester 60gr Silvertip
Hornady 60gr XTP
Federal 60gr Hydra-Shok
Fiocchi 60gr JHP
Corbon 60gr JHP

[save the Magsafe, Glaser, RBCD and Etreme Shock ammo for mall-ninjas and noobs]

.32 KT for home defense?? No way!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
for my wifes kel tec 3at she uses federal premium 90gr hydra shock hollow points and remington 95gr fmj

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I carry Speer Gold Dot's in my P32. They cycle well and my research shows that they perform as well as any .32acp can.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
The K-T in .32ACP, only one way to
go, FMJs.

Ed

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yes, someone beat me to the Golden Loki link. I use FMJ Fiochi as well.

Most hollow points in 32 ACP do not expend anyway, and they lack penetration...

Rimlock is where the bottom edge of the casings ride over one another and jam up the mag. This caliber is prone to this if you use hollow points, as the JHP rounds are shorter.

The FMJ rounds take up all the space in the magazine, so this does not happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts