Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I want to do is keep a clip loaded for home protection. Has anyone had any problems with keeping a clip loaded for extended periods of time??

For example; spring weakening, rounds sticking etc.....??

Thanks
SK

·
Registered
206 Posts
Magazines were out w/ use. Leaving them loaded will NOT damage the magazine, or weaken the internal parts.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Spawnz<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Is backing out of this thread right now before the "clip" and "magazine" po-leeses get here. :lol:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Did you mean magazine?

A clip feeds a magazine.

Springs wear out with usage. After you've reloaded your mags thousands of times, then you can start to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Did you mean magazine?

A clip feeds a magazine.

Springs wear out with usage. After you've reloaded your mags thousands of times, then you can start to worry about it.
Blah blah blah freaking blah.

I keep my "clip" loaded for my .45 all the time. I shoot USPSA once a month and then unload the hollow points and shoot WWB. None of my "clips" have ever failed me.

I get so pissed at all the guys who LOVE to correct people. You obviously know what the guy meant because you responded, and then took the time to post a picture explaining the difference between the two.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be corrected; "magazine".

I did not thing there was going to a problem, but I just wanted to make sure and get others opinion.

Thanks

SK

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

I did not thing there was going to a problem, but I just wanted to make sure and get others opinion.

Thanks

SK
Dude don't take it personally here. XDTalk is great and so are all the guys on here. But they love to nitpick on the clip/mag issue.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

Thanks

SK
Welcome to XDTalk and sorry that you had to be hit with the anal-retentive "clip" issue before you were even welcomed to the site.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Just because I am feeling a little ornery ... just make sure that "clip" is filled with 45 ACP ... anything less is .... more fodder for an argument! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
As soon as I read the title of the thread I knew it was coming. Makes me laugh every time. clip, clip, mag, mag....... LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
should I put these round things in this long thing that has numbers on the back? It is a chrome color with a little black thing that seems to push down like a spring, I think you call it a bullet holder?

Give it a rest people, We need to be banding together right now.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I don't think anyone is being "picky" about the clip mag subject. Why is education and communication a bad thing? If a noob is shopping online and buys a bunch of "clips" he's going to learn an expensive lesson when they won't fit in his weapon.

Relax all you internet "policemen" of the internet "policemen" eh?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts