Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys 1st let me just say I like my CMMG AR but I was at the shop yesterday and asked my dealer just for the heck of it how much can i get for my cmmg IF i trade it? he said atleast $1200!! so what should i do, I don't shoot my AR as much i want to becs of ammo prices, I'm more of a handgun kinda guy (1911 specially) but the XDm9 is one fine piece of a firearm..i'm thinking xd+ a kahr 9 or 45 for ccw and the change just get ammo..what do you guys think?? again I like my AR i'm just thinking out loud here:)..

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
keep the AR

·
Registered
526 Posts
Keep the AR and save for the XD. I've always thought of my self as more of a hand gun type of guy, but now that I have an AR there is NO way I'll part with it.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Don't ever sell one of your guns, more than likely you'll regret it down the road.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Keep the AR.

By the time you decide you might like another, you may not be able to get one.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Another vote for keeping the AR. I honestly can't imagine ever selling/trading any of my guns (I guess cause I'm attatched to them all and see each with a specific purpose)... I read more about people regretting sales/trades more than I read about them saying "Man I'm glad I did that!" Just save up and get what you want a little later.

·
Registered
367 Posts
firearms are one of the better investments you can have/make.

compare it to vehicles, stock or a lot of other investments. spend 1k on a rifle today, treat it well and 10 years down the road it has maybe depreciated 5-10% or more than likely either maintained its value or gone up in value.

of my 6 rifles including my old single shot .22, the only one that has depreciated as per what I could get for it at a gun show is the .22 rifle. it is in bad shape, the stock is beaten, the extractor is worn out and it is not zero'd anymore. I've almost sold my tangfolio .25 for 100$ more than I bought it for. my hungting rifles would bring me at least what I paid for them if I were willing to sell.

my XD has maybe depreciated some due to the XDm but even then not by that much.

my AR... well you know what might be in store for us in a few months so it is gaining value as the days pass.

I'm not going to sell it though.

now compare it to a new car you buy and drive off the lot...
or most peoples stocks now...

Don't sell it, just start saving for an XD or whichever pistol you want. then you've made 2 smart investments for yourself. :p

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Keep it! You'll hate yourself down the road if you get rid of it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If I were you, I would get rid of the...ehhh who am I kidding. Keep the AR, you will only miss it once it is gone. Hell you could give that rifle to your kids, who could keep passing it, there are years on that rifle, decades perhaps if you are careful.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
keep it.

You can in all likely hood buy a 1911 in a post ban world. AR not so much.

Plus you can only carry so many hand guns at once.

everyone needs a 12 guage shotty, a high power rifle, and atleast one hand gun in 9mm, 40cal, 10mm, 45cal, 44 mag, 357 mag etc. No sissy stuff if you only have one piece.

after you have a powerful handgun, highpower rifle and shotty, start doubling up if thats your thang. Dont ditch the CMMG though.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
This must be a joke? Why in the hell would you trade? Keep the AR. Tax time is coming..:)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
never sell a gun. you will regret it later

That was my experience. A few years back in order to pay for a funeral I sold an LAR Grizzly .45 WinMag 1911, Thompson Submachine gun (with three 50 round drums, 6 stick mags and FBI case) and a Colt AR-15. In hindsight I should have taken out a loan. When grief strikes, you don't think clearly and its easy to do something you later regret. I was tight on money at the time and did something really stupid.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Keep the AR. I'm getting some money soon and I was thinking buy another AR or a XDm 9 and ammo. I still havent made up my mind so I can see where you are coming from, except I have a AR already.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
hello guys 1st let me just say I like my CMMG AR but I was at the shop yesterday and asked my dealer just for the heck of it how much can i get for my cmmg IF i trade it? he said atleast $1200!! so what should i do, I don't shoot my AR as much i want to becs of ammo prices, I'm more of a handgun kinda guy (1911 specially) but the XDm9 is one fine piece of a firearm..i'm thinking xd+ a kahr 9 or 45 for ccw and the change just get ammo..what do you guys think?? again I like my AR i'm just thinking out loud here:)..
No contest... keep the AR. Youll be kicking yourself for it later when the AWB comes down the line.

You can buy the hand guns you listed at anytime. Semiautomatic rifles are under siege, and you may not be able to easily get one in the future.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
One thing I've noticed about you vikz is that you don't keep any of your guns very long before you trade them off. I predict you will trade it in.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have keep most of my 1911's but your right , some of my guns i get bored or i don't use as much as i need to use it i guess i sometimes just think of it which one will i use o lot and have fun, i like shooting my ar its just ammo is getting expensive and i dont have time to reload..
One thing I've noticed about you vikz is that you don't keep any of your guns very long before you trade them off. I predict you will trade it in.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts