Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received an offer from a colleague to buy a kahr pm40 with 5 clips and pinky extensions for $500.00.

Is this a good buy?

obviously it would make for a good conceal weapon, just wondering if the cost is worth it.

tia

·
Registered
895 Posts
SmokeandBurn said:
I have received an offer from a colleague to buy a kahr pm40 with 5 clips and pinky extensions for $500.00.

Is this a good buy?

obviously it would make for a good conceal weapon, just wondering if the cost is worth it.

tia
Not sure the condition it is but considering a new kahr pm 40 cost roughly $475-$550 and the "magazines" not "clips" cost about $25 a piece and a pinky extention is about 12-20$, I think your getting a hell of a deal, I'll take it if you pass on it. Mrgreen:/

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Any problems with it? If not, buy now!

The bi-tone version of the PM40 runs close to $600, new. The all black version is even more.

The magazines are more like $40, new.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, about 600 rounds put through it. in great shape

it is the bi-tone version

heard the pm40 has a lot of kick for a gun its size

·
Registered
895 Posts
SmokeandBurn said:

I've shot it, it's a nice gun, I think all .40 have kick, the kahr is small frame but it makes up in width where it lacks in height. IMO.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts

Is this a good buy?

tia
Yes, That is a good buy with the "clips" ( Yes, I call them clips )

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have an xd9sc for ccw, just would like to have another option if need be.

Think I am going to "pull the trigger" on this deal

The clips and pinky extensions are what make it a good deal

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good price! PM40 will have pretty snappy recoil. I carried a P9 for years before XD, but it was ultra-reliable and very discreet- a great deep-cover rig.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I have owned 3 kahr handguns (9mm,.40,and .45acp) the .40 version was a cw40 and was pretty rough in the recoil dept.nothing like the 9mm or .45.kahr's are great weapons and i would go with the .40 if you can handle the sharp recoil.:twisted:

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I just bought a PM9 and the beat price I found
was $600. Around $475-500 new for that gun is not realistic. The price your colleague is offering the gun to you for seems like a really good deal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Who's posting this, a Brady Campaign advertising executive?

It comes with that many clips?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and I think I'm passing on the 40 and instead going to buy a new pm9. decided the the 9 would work out better in the long run, especially if my wife were to start using it.

·
Banned
98 Posts
used guns go for at MOST 3/4 of retail price, and the spare mags,etc, normally bring nothing extra. An FFL dealer won't give yoiu more than 1/2 of current retail price, normally, cause he can buy a NEW one for 3/4 of retail. yes, even the 9mm bucks around a lot in such a lw gun. .40 is considerably worse.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I own a PM 9 and it is my EDC for summer, having said that, I also own 2 .40 full size pistols, and I wouldn't like shooting a PM 40. I'd sooner shoot the PM in .45 vs the .40:)

·
Registered
895 Posts
that's incredibly cheap for their mags.

is it a reputable company?

I could use a few more PM9 mags...

Does the 40 have night sights on it?
I've only ordered a iwb holster from them, it seems to be a reputable company, I got what I ordered with no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts