Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fondled a CW9 at the range a couple of weeks ago. Pistol felt so good in my hand I couldn't get it off my mind. In a moment of weakness I jumped on a pretty good deal on a new one and now am the proud owner. Only had time to shoot a few rounds through it and think it is just what I expected. Long trigger pull but clean break; really easy to keep it on target. Seems I have the low, left syndrome common to polymer guns (you would think I would be over that with all the XD's and M&P's I've shot over the years) but I think it's gonna be accurate enough for CC after break-in. Also got a Thiess holster for it and gotta say this rig is way more comfortable than any IWB I own. Of course the gun is way smaller than my others too.

I know; pics or it didn't happen! Tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far so good. Trigger is going to take some getting used to; not bad, just different from what I'm used to.

My apologies to Tommy Theis for butchering his name in the OP. Great holster and really quick shipping. One of the good guys.

I'll try to get some pics up after I get back from the range tonight.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Had one, liked it. Just not as much as I like my pf-9. I know, weird. Somewhere along the way, Springerfan became Keltecfan.:)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
That "low left syndrome" is a ExTexPops issue, not a polymer gun issue. :D Sorry I had to break it too you. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're probably right but at least I know it's me. All the newbs blame the gun until they figure out how to shoot it. Mastered XD's and M&P's but this new one is gonna take a little work. Long pull and a 5 1/2 lb break are new to me. After the 1st 100 rds downrange I'm only an inch off at 7 yds. Couple more trips to the range and I might even be confident enough in it to start carrying it.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I have the CW40 and the wife has a CW9, love them both. Make sure you put at least 200 rounds through it before you decide to carry. They require a break in period.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats! The CW9 is a very nice gun.
I bought one last year, love it! I bought a CM9 this year, love it too!
Enjoy your new Kahr.

My Kahr family pic...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I absolutely love mine!!!!

Zero issues.

The trigger reminds me of my LCR which, imo, is a good thing.

Fantastic pistol for $400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts