Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,
I just bought a Kahr CM9. Lighter and easier to hide vs my XDSC 40. It's also not that bad at all to shoot. I took it to the range the other day and put 250 rounds through it, wasn't too hard on my shooting hand. Although I definitely noticed how much easier my XD is on me when I picked it up for a few rounds afterwards. :)
Altogether though I'm happy with the CM. It is working out great for summer carry, and when I need a lightweight carry for cycling and running. Come winter I'm sure the XD will be called again though :wink:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the pm40 and I'm pretty happy with. The 40 is snappy to say the least, not much of a range gun that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I carry the Kahr CW40, and initially it was rough on my hand. (They do make those grips sharp!) If there are a bunch of different things to do, from bike inner tubes to after-market stuff. I picked up a Hogue Jr grip for about $7.00 and it worked great.

Glad you like the CM9.... good luck with it!! Happy shooting!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You my friend just bought a very nice reliable pistol, that I'm sure your going to enjoy carrying for many years to come. I would not be a bit suprised if sometime this winter you decided that your not going to carry your XD40. My PM9 put my XD9sc up for sale, and at one time I never thought I'd ever say that. Once I started carrying the Kahr for a period of time carrying the XD9sc felt like I was carrying a brick IWB. That is not meant to be a knock against the XD. It's just that after carrying the single stack 9 the XD felt to thick for my liking. XD9sc is a great gun though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations . I love mine it goes everywhere. I checked with crossbreed holsters and it will fit the pm9. I have a mini tuck on the way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responses... I forgot to mention that I put a handall jr on it from the get go. My wife has one on her ppks and I had gotten used to it. I think it really tones down the felt recoil and it allows me a positive grip when drawing.

And the thought has crossed my mind that the cm would completely replace my xd for carry, but don't tell my xd that :)

·
Banned
744 Posts
Good to hear man. I have been talking and talking about getting that same gun. Did you buy it at a local shop or online? Did you get an extra mag because I thought they came with 1?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
There is even more discussion on KahrTalk Home . Most users there immediately compare it to a PM9 or even a MK9. It works as well all of the others and is a nice pistol. Springfield has their niche and Kahr has there's.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
This sounds better than the limited market XDm 5.25 !!!

It's a real shame ... I was gonna give SA some more money, but they missed the mark, again.

Thanks for the report ... You're helping me decide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear man. I have been talking and talking about getting that same gun. Did you buy it at a local shop or online? Did you get an extra mag because I thought they came with 1?
It took me forever to decide, I came really close to buying a revolver but this time around the cm got the vote, especially because I was an admirer of the pm, so this was almost a no brainer given the price drop to the cm.

I was looking for as light a carry as I could find in at least 9mm, shoot able enough that I could handle practicing with it, in a form factor that would easily work for iwb (i go appendix) or occasional pocket carry with slacks or cargos. My xd is a brick and this is a deck of cards, basically. I really like it when I'm out for exercise. It's light and I just forget about it in a small "waist pack" when running/biking.

I got mine from a small outfit in the next town over. I called everyone in this half of the state, ended up calling him to do a xfer so I could buy it online, then he tells me he has a few in stock. Lucked out :)

I did order a spare mag too, and good thing b/c I did have to send the orig mag to kahr for replacement, it was actually coming apart. But no problems with the spare or the gun itself, which is most important to me.

if you get one make sure you check out the break in instructions on kahrtalk. I followed them to the letter and had no problems on the first range trip.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Been CCWing a PM9 now for nearly two years. I still use my XDs (I have three of them) for range work, training classes, etc., but haven't ran one CCW since the PM9 came along. The June issue of Gun Tests had a review of it and they like it. A lot of the comparisons were between the CM9 and the PM9, as well as the CW9. They had recently done a review on the Kimber Solo and the little Kel-Tec 9mm. Your new CM9 did good all the way around. Bottom line, they said there was no reason to spend the extra $$ on the PM9 any longer. Sounds like you got a good one. I hope it serves you as reliably as my PM9 does me. :)

·
Banned
744 Posts
It took me forever to decide, I came really close to buying a revolver but this time around the cm got the vote, especially because I was an admirer of the pm, so this was almost a no brainer given the price drop to the cm.

I was looking for as light a carry as I could find in at least 9mm, shoot able enough that I could handle practicing with it, in a form factor that would easily work for iwb (i go appendix) or occasional pocket carry with slacks or cargos. My xd is a brick and this is a deck of cards, basically. I really like it when I'm out for exercise. It's light and I just forget about it in a small "waist pack" when running/biking.

I got mine from a small outfit in the next town over. I called everyone in this half of the state, ended up calling him to do a xfer so I could buy it online, then he tells me he has a few in stock. Lucked out :)

I did order a spare mag too, and good thing b/c I did have to send the orig mag to kahr for replacement, it was actually coming apart. But no problems with the spare or the gun itself, which is most important to me.

if you get one make sure you check out the break in instructions on kahrtalk. I followed them to the letter and had no problems on the first range trip.
Good to hear buddy. I want to carry mine while i bike too. I was going though this should I take my compact 40 biking or not? I ended up not taking it and felt vulnerable. I think for summer carrry and doing oudoor activities i need something smaller.

I think i am sold on that CM9. Glad to hear your positive review too.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to hear buddy. I want to carry mine while i bike too. I was going though this should I take my compact 40 biking or not? I ended up not taking it and felt vulnerable. I think for summer carrry and doing oudoor activities i need something smaller.

I think i am sold on that CM9. Glad to hear your positive review too.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Tapatalk
I've had that same feeling ... and I started thinking about why I started the CCW thing and that it made logical sense to try and carry everywhere (where legal of course) and not leave certain activities out. I've worked out a carry system for bike/run that works for me (but always trying to improve it), PM me if you'd like any tips. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I just recently noticed that Kahr came out with the CM9 - I had always wanted a PM9 but the price was just too much. I carry the Kahr P9 most of the time and I love it, its been a great carry gun.

When the CW9 came out I thought it would be cool if they did the same thing as the PM9, Im glad Kahr got the message.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up a CM9 and I love it. 200 rounds in with no malf. I bought a pocket grabber from High noon and it disappears in my cargo shorts. Kinda nice to walk around with my hands in my pockets on my gun in those questionable areas. Gun looks like a toy in my hand but sure doesn't feel like one when your shooting it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats. I wished I had checked out Kahrs years ago.

I have the CW9 and CW45. I thought it was odd that my CW9's grip is not as sharp as my CW45.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I really liked my XD9sc. Being totally honest though it was not the most comfortable conceal carry pistol for my lifestyle. I'm much to active to carry such a thick pistol. I started to carry my P3at and the Bersa Thunder .380 more often, but really wanted a 9mm even if it meant it had to be slightly bigger than the P3at. I looked at the PF9 but they just seemed to be so hit and miss with there reliability at the time so I passed on it. Then I came in contact with a very slightly used PM9 at the GS. The only thing I could possibly say negative about the PM9 is that Kahr does not have finished off buttplate on there mags. You can buy them though from Kahr.:rolleyes: That and I think there recoil springs could be finished off a little better so it's easier to reassemble after a field strip. IMO though The PM/CM 9 mm from Karh are about as good as it gets in a CC pistol. As mentioned by gunfreak116 these are some sweet pistols.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a PM9 for summer carry and my XD9SC is for winter. I can conceal the XD in summer but I find that pocket carrying the PM9 is too easy.

I looked at the CM9 but it was a little bigger than the PM9. The backstrap was rough so I put on an inner tube for the time being. Don't know when I'll be allowed back into the gun store after buying a few firearms recently. GF is going to shoot me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts